Re: [nurugbyalumni] NU Rugby 40th Anniversary T-shirts [1 Attachment]

  • Dan Gostovic
    Message 1 of 42 , May 18, 2012
      Sign me up for a large.  By what process do those of us not in Chicagoland get these shirts?

      On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM, James Hebson <jhebson@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from James Hebson included below]

      NU Ruggers—

      As you all know, the club was founded during the 1972-73 school year, so this upcoming school year is the club’s 40th anniversary.  So we put together a commemorative t-shirt:  black cotton t, with the crest on the left front breast, and the NU Logo on the back neck, plus the number “40” on the back, like a player’s number.  (See attached).

      The cost is $20 per shirt.  In that number is a $14.50 donation to the club.  You can have any size, so long as it is medium, large, or extra large.  (I don’t know of any small size NU Rugby players—Tez, maybe?).  We can do XX too, but we would have to wait for a re-order.  We would be happy to mail them to you at no extra charge.

      Also, the club would like to make a strong showing at next fall’s homecoming parade.  A choir of players and ex-players singing rugby songs?  A demonstration of the Maori Haka?  An NU Rugby Kazoo Band?

      We can discuss the potential at the social after the Alumni Match.  Fat Cats—this is our year!  The undergrads haven’t played in three weeks.  They are vulnerable.  Even if you don’t play, please come to hang out.  We will go to the rugby house afterwards (Asbury and Simpson, by the Civic Center).  I will make sure they get a keg of good beer, and I am bringing some mini-burritos from Flaco’s Tacos.

      Don’t be a pussy(cat),

      Hebby

      Message 42 of 42 , May 21, 2012

         Hey guys,

        I don't know if this was discussed or not, but if there is a plan for an alumni website, it might make sense to set up some way to donate to the endowment online.....like a pay pal account or something.

        Thanks to all you guys for all the work you're doing. Sorry I missed the match last week. Looks like it was a good time.

        Fran Cassidy

        To: nurugbyalumni@yahoogroups.com
        From: blfanelli@...
        Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 06:59:53 -0700
        Subject: RE: [nurugbyalumni] NU Rugby 40th Anniversary T-shirts

        It was great to see everyone on Saturday.  I have attached several links to stay/get back in touch with fellow NU Rugby Alumni.  A website will be up and running soon.

        Like our Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/NURugbyAlumni

        Join our Facebook Group - www.facebook.com/groups/21451717311

        Join us on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2005&mostPopular=&trk=tyah

        Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/#!/NURugbyAlumni

        Hope to hear from anyone who has additional ideas to increase communication with our Alumni.

        Cheers,

        Bob Fanelli