Re: Does such a thing exist?

  • agathasilverdrgn
    Message 1 of 13422 , Aug 1, 2001
      "To lure some of our fellow nurses back into the
      profession after a lengthy absence"<br><br>Ah, now there's a
      concept! And I be one of those! Tis one of the reasons I
      call myself a "R-ecycled N-urse".
      With the constant ebb and flow of personnel your
      references are gone or retired. The skills you once prized
      yourself on are either no longer prized or shockingly
      slowed down. You have to slow down and think things
      through. . .over and over again. And all of this in an
      environment with neither the time nor the resources to allow
      you to catch up with yourself. <br><br>Yet we
      "recycled nurses" could do so much to ease the current
      strain on the profession. <br><br>Agatha
    • rehabrn_2000
      Message 13422 of 13422 , Mar 24, 2002
        --- In nursing2@y..., deborah_leigh <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Well, being one that believes we have to accept SOME responsibility
        > for our own actions, how about not keeping this woman pregnant when
        > there is a history of severe post-partum depression? Have heard on
        > more than one occassion that he, the husband, has some complicity
        in
        > this tragedy. Kinda like giving an alcoholic keys to the family
        > car. If he was so sure that things were not right, why did he
        leave
        > this woman with her children?
        >
        > i don't like this new group thing...anyway...he states that he told
        the docs that she didn't seem right but the docs said she was...he
        says they even said she was ok and they were the medical people...he
        was in the process of finding someone else...and his mom stayed with
        her and watched the kids...don't know what happened...why she wasn't
        there...who knows...maybe she told him she was on birth control....i
        don't have all the answers...they stated that in her case all that
        could have gone wrong in her case...did....