Re: Nursing Shortage? What can we do?

  • smashogre_
    Message 1 of 13422 , Jun 1, 2001
      What about the pt's? Who will take care of them
      while you strike? (and arent you strikeing to get more
      money?...not to say that you dont deserve more...) <br>Also
      wont having to shell out several thousand dollars per
      scab per week help you, indirectly, by making the
      hospital in a hurry to settle?<br>As to what you can do
      about it? Not much, unless you want to resort to normal
      union tactics and throw rocks at them, break out
      windows and physically keep people away from the emergeny
      room...I would hope that you will act professionaly...you
      might also call the news and have them interview
      someone who speaks well, and let the fact that you are
      acting like professionals be seen...<br>sorry to rant,
      but to date noone has answered my questions about who
      takes care of pt's durring strikes. (I usually get a
      bunch of rhetoric throw my way)<br>-Steve
    • rehabrn_2000
      Message 13422 of 13422 , Mar 24, 2002
        --- In nursing2@y..., deborah_leigh <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Well, being one that believes we have to accept SOME responsibility
        > for our own actions, how about not keeping this woman pregnant when
        > there is a history of severe post-partum depression? Have heard on
        > more than one occassion that he, the husband, has some complicity
        in
        > this tragedy. Kinda like giving an alcoholic keys to the family
        > car. If he was so sure that things were not right, why did he
        leave
        > this woman with her children?
        >
        > i don't like this new group thing...anyway...he states that he told
        the docs that she didn't seem right but the docs said she was...he
        says they even said she was ok and they were the medical people...he
        was in the process of finding someone else...and his mom stayed with
        her and watched the kids...don't know what happened...why she wasn't
        there...who knows...maybe she told him she was on birth control....i
        don't have all the answers...they stated that in her case all that
        could have gone wrong in her case...did....