Medical pro needed in Louisville KY

  • kirvin2
    Message 1 of 13422 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hi all,<br> My name is Kevin and I am starting an
      ASHA HELP group in Louisville KY. A HELP group is a
      support group for people living with Herpes. One
      requirement of the American Social Health Association is I
      need to have a medical advisor. This person can be an
      RN, LPN, Nurse Practitioner, Physician's Assistant or
      an MD. They don't nessecarily have to be
      knowledgable of HSV but willing to learn. They need not attend
      our meetings but I would prefer one that will attend.
      We will have meetings twice a month. It doesn't pay
      anything but can be very rewarding. If any of you are in
      the Louisville area and would like to volunteer or
      know of someone who would. Please contact me at
      kirvin2@...<br> Thank you very much.<br> Kevin
    • rehabrn_2000
      Message 13422 of 13422 , Mar 24, 2002
        --- In nursing2@y..., deborah_leigh <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Well, being one that believes we have to accept SOME responsibility
        > for our own actions, how about not keeping this woman pregnant when
        > there is a history of severe post-partum depression? Have heard on
        > more than one occassion that he, the husband, has some complicity
        in
        > this tragedy. Kinda like giving an alcoholic keys to the family
        > car. If he was so sure that things were not right, why did he
        leave
        > this woman with her children?
        >
        > i don't like this new group thing...anyway...he states that he told
        the docs that she didn't seem right but the docs said she was...he
        says they even said she was ok and they were the medical people...he
        was in the process of finding someone else...and his mom stayed with
        her and watched the kids...don't know what happened...why she wasn't
        there...who knows...maybe she told him she was on birth control....i
        don't have all the answers...they stated that in her case all that
        could have gone wrong in her case...did....