Re: [Nursing] Magnet status

  • seb3230
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
      What sucked about working for a magnet hospital? I want an
      explanation. Because the hospital that i work for is also talking
      about going Magnet. I want to know exactly what we are getting
      ourselves into.

      Swift RN, BSN, MBA

      --- In nursing2@yahoogroups.com, betty davis <bvd612003@...> wrote:

      > The worst hospital I ever worked for was magnet, I think it
      sucks!!!!!!!

      > icunitngale865 <icunitngale865@...> wrote: Hi everyone, are you
      all as tired of the ads for superfluous crap that
      > keeps popping up? Love how the forum for communication keeps
      turning
      > into a billboard..........Anyway..........
      >
      > The hospital I'm working for is working towards obtaining Magnet
      > Status. I know it's not something that is easy to get, but I'm
      just
      > wondering how is it really going to effect what I do. Does anyone
      work
      > for one? Notice any difference? I can see it's a positive PR
      thing,
      > but I don't see if affecting my practice. Just wondering.

      > Nursing Health and wellness Health wellness product
      Health and wellness program Diet fitness health nutrition
      wellness Business health wellness

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > BETTY V DAVIS RN

    • D Johns
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2006
        The hospital I currently work at is also trying to go
        Magnet status. How badly are we putting our foot into
        our mouths?

        --- seb3230 <seb3230@...> wrote:

        > What sucked about working for a magnet hospital? I
        > want an
        > explanation. Because the hospital that i work for is
        > also talking
        > about going Magnet. I want to know exactly what we
        > are getting
        > ourselves into.
        >
        > Swift RN, BSN, MBA
        >
        > --- In nursing2@yahoogroups.com, betty davis
        > <bvd612003@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The worst hospital I ever worked for was magnet, I
        > think it
        > sucks!!!!!!!
        > >
        > > icunitngale865 <icunitngale865@...> wrote: Hi
        > everyone, are you
        > all as tired of the ads for superfluous crap that
        > > keeps popping up? Love how the forum for
        > communication keeps
        > turning
        > > into a billboard..........Anyway..........
        > >
        > > The hospital I'm working for is working towards
        > obtaining Magnet
        > > Status. I know it's not something that is easy to
        > get, but I'm
        > just
        > > wondering how is it really going to effect what I
        > do. Does anyone
        > work
        > > for one? Notice any difference? I can see it's a
        > positive PR
        > thing,
        > > but I don't see if affecting my practice. Just
        > wondering.

        > > Nursing Health and wellness Health
        > wellness product
        > Health and wellness program Diet fitness health
        > nutrition
        > wellness Business health wellness

        > Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > >

        > > BETTY V DAVIS RN

        > removed]

        -DJ of DTJAM.net
        "Beautiful, Uplifting music for the soul" - www.RyanFarish.com
        Official Street Team Member since 2005 - Ryan Farish Music Group

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • sals300
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2006
          I believe magnet status is a good thing. I believe we should want a
          great place to pratice and great place for patients to receive care.
          It's more than just having the designation, it's a true committment to
          the profession and our patients. It is a national recogniton to be
          celebrated by the entire organization. And if it helps to attract more
          great nurses, what's wrong with that? I know it's a lot of work, but I
          believe it's worth the effort. There are many articles out there which
          may better help you understand the concept of Magnet. Just my
          opinion.....
        • Sonya Curtis
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2006
            have you read any negative things about Magnet Status??????????

            sals300 <sals300@...> wrote: I believe magnet status is a good thing. I believe we should want a
            great place to pratice and great place for patients to receive care.
            It's more than just having the designation, it's a true committment to
            the profession and our patients. It is a national recogniton to be
            celebrated by the entire organization. And if it helps to attract more
            great nurses, what's wrong with that? I know it's a lot of work, but I
            believe it's worth the effort. There are many articles out there which
            may better help you understand the concept of Magnet. Just my
            opinion.....

            Article health wellness Center for health and wellness Health and wellness Health and wellness program Health wellness product Health spa wellness

            ---------------------------------

            Mrs. S. Curtis

          • Siswanto Muhtasor
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2006
              Get the information about JOB in AUSTRALIA:

              Here : Http://www.indonurse.blogspot.com

              OK...Good luck

              Thank you.

              My Own BLOG and Website :

              Http://www.siswanto.co.nr
              Http://www.perawat.blogspot.com
              Http://www.indonurse.blogspot.com
              Http://www.medicaltreatment.blogspot.com

              Apakah Anda Yahoo!?
              Kunjungi halaman depan Yahoo! Indonesia yang baru!
              http://beta.id.yahoo.com/