ElizRN - Personal Hell & Survival

  • ebohorq207@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2005
      Dear Group,
      I dedicated the mindSCABBLE blog entry to everyone who is feeling miserable
      lately. You can read the blog at the link in my signature line.
      eliz
      _____________________
      Personal Hell Words...
      The weak sinews become strong by their conflict with difficulties...Frederic
      Chopin
      Related Words - the hot place, infernal regions, place of torment
      Even though we may not live in the devastated areas, as we experience the
      images on our television sets & in our newspapers, we often find ourselves in
      our own personal hell. Here are some quotes from my patients this week -
      How can I think about my measly problems when people I see people struggling
      for their lives?
      What does it really matter if I smoke or not?
      This is no time to stop biting my nails!
      Working to organize myself & my goals seems sinfull in light of what is
      going on.
      I feel like a spoiled child who should be ashamed.
      I can't enjoy any part of my life knowing that in those very same moments
      people are suffering.
      I feel like it's not ok to laugh or tell a joke.
      Nothing seems important.
      My fears seem meaningless, almost as if I should shut-up about them.
      I'm on a short fuse these days.
      I can't eat without feeling guilty.
      One minute my kids are driving me bonkers & the next minute I can't stop
      hugging them.
      I keep having flashbacks from my childhood. I feel like life as I know it is
      over.
      It's very easy to be dragged down into a tragedy, even though we may live
      thousands of miles away. The images we see & the words that accompany them are
      all triggers for our own subconscious mind programs. They can make us feel
      very uncomfortable, even guilty & filled with shame. There is anger & disbelief
      to contend with as well. We are witnesses to the fragility of life & quickly
      things can change.

      Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

      Nurse Educator & Clinical Medical Hypnotherapist
      President & Program Designer
      Sarasota Medical & Sports Hypnosis Institute

      _www.hypnosis-audio.com_ (http://www.hypnosis-audio.com/) &
      _www.sugar-addiction.com_ (http://www.sugar-addiction.com/)

      Read mindSCRABBLE - A Daily Self-Growth Blog
      _http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/ElizRN/_
      (http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/ElizRN/)

      Author - Beyond Disorderly Eating...
      The Truth About Sugar & Bingeing & How to Stop It