new nurse having problems with co-workers

  • ekb938s
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi everyone! I've belonged to this group for several months but I've
      never posted a message until now. I was wondering if anyone could
      give me some advice about how to get along with new co-workers.
      I've apparently started off on the wrong foot at my new job because
      I can't seem to get past my co-workers cold attitudes toward me.
      Typically I wouldn't let it bother me, but it makes me nervous when
      I need help or advice with my patient's and I'm completely ignored.
      I'm new to nursing and I'm still trying to find my own voice within
      my profession, so I don't want to give up on my new job. I was just
      wondering if there is anything extra that I can do to get back on
      track with my new co-workers.
    • Edward Tabor
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
        Classic example of nurses eating their young. Be bold. The very next
        co-worker that cocks an attitude, come right out and ask, "What did I do
        to piss you off." Be blunt. Be plain. Shoulder up to them. They are
        trying to wear you down so you give up.

        ED

        ekb938s wrote:

        >Hi everyone! I've belonged to this group for several months but I've
        >never posted a message until now. I was wondering if anyone could
        >give me some advice about how to get along with new co-workers.
        >I've apparently started off on the wrong foot at my new job because
        >I can't seem to get past my co-workers cold attitudes toward me.
        >Typically I wouldn't let it bother me, but it makes me nervous when
        >I need help or advice with my patient's and I'm completely ignored.
        >I'm new to nursing and I'm still trying to find my own voice within
        >my profession, so I don't want to give up on my new job. I was just
        >wondering if there is anything extra that I can do to get back on
        >track with my new co-workers.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • rehabrn_2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2005
          --
          also....you have to remember that the nursing profession in the
          majority is still a woman's profession....altho more guys are getting