Re: Guidance to The Truth....

  • health_ed_info
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      You are absolutely right... your comments have no place in this site
      unless you are interested in Psychiatric Issues...
      I read your sad story and agree that you need help from your
      delusions... unfortuately you probably are so sick that you are
      unwilling to accept help... God is not the property of any one
      individual or religion and those who profess to know God are
      delusional...
      --- In nursing2@yahoogroups.com, "mostafa" <mostafa212@a...> wrote:
      > I know that my article is not related to this group ,but it might be
      > useful. PLEASE read it.
      >
      > Guidance to The Truth
      > Aöbdul Haqq (DTF WONG, China
      >

      > WHO I AM
      >
      > My name is Abdul Haqq (formerly known as D T F Wong). I am of
      Chinese
      > origin and was born in Brunei Darussalam (which has a predominantly
      Muslim
      > population). I am 36 years old and male. I left Brunei Darusalam in
      > further my education in UK and am now settled in London, UK. My
      education
      > has mainly been at a missionary school (from kindergarten) related
      to the
      > church and later for nearly 2 years at a Christian independent
      school in UK
      > before entering College
      > .
      >

      > WHAT I WAS BEFORE
      >

      > I was born into a Christian (Protestant/Anglican) family who were
      (and
      > still is) actively involved in the Church. In a secular society,
      one could
      > add that I had also accepted and followed secular laws and customs.
      > remained a Christian till I was 27.
      >

      > WHAT I AM NOW
      >

      > I am now a Muslim - have been for nearly 9 years since I left
      Christianity.

      > WHY I CHOSE ISLAM
      >

      > According to Islam, guidance is of two kinds: a) Guidance of Taufiq
      i.e.
      > totally from Allah, i.e. Allah opens one's heart to receive the
      truth (from
      > disbelief to Belief in Islamic Monotheism). Guidance of Irshaad i.e.
      > through preaching by Allah's Messengers and pious preachers who
      preach the
      > truth, i.e. Islamic Monotheism.
      >
      > In my case, the guidance from God is guidance of Taufiq. I say this
      because
      > I was actively seeking the truth and was hardly preached by
      Muslims. When I
      > was 23 (and in my last year in college), I became God-conscious in
      a way I
      > was never really taught in Christianity. I looked out of my window
      and
      > observed the signs of creation (e.g. sky, trees, people, etc.) and
      > developed a strong belief in the existence of God. I was studying
      > Architecture (in College) and for me - when I look at buildings I
      know that
      > someone designed and built it. Same with the creation - the
      alternation of
      > night and day, the bodily functions, etc. led me to believe
      strongly that
      > there was a Creator. Christianity tend to push forward the concept
      Trinity
      > which many can't explain and many accept to satisfy their spiritual
      > instinct. I had no problems with Christianity at this point.
      However this
      > new God-consciousness stayed with me. The way the Trinity was
      being 'pushed
      > to the masses' by the Church as well as Christians left this new
      > God-consciousness a personal experience for me.
      >
      > I had never studied Islam even though I grew up in a predominantly
      Muslim
      > country. At that time in Brunei Darussalam, non-Muslims were exempt
      from
      > Islamic Education. One day I was passing by a Muslim book shop and
      decided
      > to enter (without any idea what I was looking for). I came across
      the
      > Qur'an and decided to buy it. As any Muslim will tell you, the
      Qur'an
      > instructs (time and time again) all mankind to observe the signs of
      > creation around and affirm their belief in the Creator. This
      matched with
      > the way that I had developed my new God-consciousness and I decided
      that
      > there was truth in the Qur'an and Islam.
      >
      > The Qur'an also led me to question the authenticity of the Bible
      and the
      > Trinity for the first time. I began searching and reading books
      questioning
      > the authenticity of the Bible and the Trinity. Many Christians
      answer
      > difficult questions on issues like the trinity with 'God can do
      anything'.

      > I couldn't fault Islam and the knowledge I was gaining had a
      profound
      > impact on me more so than Christianity. I was slowly deciding to
      switch to
      > Islam. Islam had a simple purity that anyone would appreciate – i.e.
      > without the complexity of issues such as the Trinity. Islam allowed
      mankind
      > to have an intellectual conviction on fundamental matters of
      belief. It
      > didn't leave the spiritual instinct in man to be satisfied by an
      emotional
      > conviction such as one would say of idol-worshipping.
      >
      > The decision to become Muslim was personal. When I told my parents
      that I
      > had done so, my mother asked two of my uncles (who were in
      priesthood) to
      > communicate with me - trying to convince me that Christianity was
      right.
      > They failed and decided that I was not dragged into a cult and that
      I had
      > made an informed decision - so they left me to continue as a Muslim.
      >
      > As I continue learning and increasing my knowledge of the deen
      (religion)
      > of Islam my faith in God increased. I became more aware of
      Christianity's
      > lack of guidance for mankind. Church services was man-made,
      Christian
      > festivals/celebrations was man-made, arguments as to whether to
      accept
      > homosexuality in Christianity or Christians at war, etc. Islam had
      guidance
      > for relationships between man/woman and God, between man/woman and
      > himself/herself, and man/woman with other men/women. Islam had
      guidance on
      > issues relating to economics, politics, education, social,
      legal/penal
      > systems, etc. In Islam there is guidance on how God wants us to
      pray, how
      > to conduct Friday prayers, what and how to celebrate, what is right
      and
      > wrong, what the penalties for crimes are, how to set up the state,
      what the
      > state should implement, how the ruler should rule, etc. Islam
      offered
      > guidance on establishing a society based on divine guidance.
      >
      > Christianity placed heavy emphasis on faith/beliefs and seemed
      happy to
      > co-exist in a secular world. Islam had laws and guidance for
      individuals
      > and society. I believed this to be right - that the Creator would
      not leave
      > the Created to argue and make laws of their own. The Creator knows
      best for
      > the Creation. Anyone would follow instructions from the
      manufacturer to
      > make best use of the manufactured item. Islam is submission to the
      will of
      > God, our Creator. A Muslim is one who submits to the will of God,
      our
      > Creator. Society will only function well and in peace when we all
      submit to
      > the will of the Creator.
      >
      > I could not be a Jew - Jews are a chosen people (descendants of
      Judah of