  • Theresa Heyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hi, my name is Theresa. I am new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. I am a telemetry RN. I love my job, and feel very lucky to be able to take care of others. However, this job has good and bad aspects, as does any. I was wondering if anyone has trouble talking with doctors. Sometimes I feel like they don't really care what I have to say. Then I get all flustered and nervous, and end up not saying what I want.

    • rehabrn_2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2003
        ---

        just have to get use to them....some of them will chew you up and
        spit you out...you just have to learn to hold your ground...i get
        tired of them just coming up and writing orders....and they never
        have badges on...there are so many i don't know all the names...then
        you have to do the stupid puzzle...look at all the mds on the
        case...ask the ward clerk...or just plain ask ..."who are you?" they
        need stamps to sign names.........
        some of them would love to see and hear they are intimidating to you

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2003
          I think they do get the notion that they intimidating me. I have gotten a lot more pushey than I was. I have been a nurse for 3 years only. I work mostly with one group so I know their faces for the most part. I get ticked off when I can't read the orders they write. I think they should have to type them on the computer. Thanks for the response.

          rehabrn_2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:---

          just have to get use to them....some of them will chew you up and
          spit you out...you just have to learn to hold your ground...i get
          tired of them just coming up and writing orders....and they never
          have badges on...there are so many i don't know all the names...then
          you have to do the stupid puzzle...look at all the mds on the
          case...ask the ward clerk...or just plain ask ..."who are you?" they
          need stamps to sign names.........
          some of them would love to see and hear they are intimidating to you

          In nursing2@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Heyn <theresamheyn@y...> wrote:

          > Hi, my name is Theresa. I am new to the group and wanted to
          introduce myself. I am a telemetry RN. I love my job, and feel very
          lucky to be able to take care of others. However, this job has good
          and bad aspects, as does any. I was wondering if anyone has trouble
          talking with doctors. Sometimes I feel like they don't really care
          what I have to say. Then I get all flustered and nervous, and end up
          not saying what I want.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Edward Tabor
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2003
            If you need an interview, you can contact me at:
            edward.tabor@...

            Ed