Re: This is a Nightmare

  • nursey96
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2002
      This is a little ridiculous, all the other clubs I belong to have
      been in group format for a while and I must say I'm not as interested
      in them now as groups as I was when they were clubs. There are too
      many ways I can screw up now, too many options, was far better when
      your options were limited. At least with the club format it was very
      easy to understand and you could find what you were looking for.

      I have been sick a lot these past few weeks and was going to try to
      catch up where I left off but I'm going to say the heck with it.
      Everytime I try to click on a message I get advertising which I must
      say is as helpful as a wet paper bag. It would be different if they
      were offering useful services but they are not.

      it will only be a matter of time before all the other clubs are group
      format, the powers that be should have left things alone. People
      will use groups if they want to, shouldn't be "forced" to but I guess
      that's what we get for free!!!!!

      --- In nursing2@y..., infp_cme <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I suggest we move over to ltc nursing--it is still a club and not a
      > group.
      > I can't stand all this advertising
    • eagleriver2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
        I suppose you've noticed that Yahoo provides no avenue of feedback,
        nor is there a survey of what folks think of the change to clubs. I
        suggest e-mailing Yahoo's sponsors and telling them about how this
        systems sucks!
      • rehabrn_2000
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2002
          --- In nursing2@y..., eagleriver2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I suppose you've noticed that Yahoo provides no avenue of feedback,
          > nor is there a survey of what folks think of the change to clubs.
          > suggest e-mailing Yahoo's sponsors and telling them about how this

          systems sucks!
          R u kidding? They don't care...if you want free this is what we
          all get...the advertisers pay for the groups....end of
          story..everything about yahoo sucks
        • nursey96
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 4, 2002
            You can't even e mail them anymore, they've made it very difficult
            for you to find the contact them link. The only benifit that I can
            see to this whole group disaster is you can dirrectly reply from your
            e mail without having to log in to the club. Other than that there's
            not much else good about it!!!!
          • eagleriver2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 12, 2002
              Perhaps you are right, but sending the messages makes me feel better
              anyway. Here is an example of my messages:

              I am a former member of several Yahoo clubs. Recently, they
              changed the format to "Groups." This new format is cumbersome and
              enjoys almost a 100% disapproval rating by the former club users. In
              one of my clubs, the number of postings dropped from over 500 per
              month to less than 10. I am telling you about this because Yahoo
              provides no avenue of feedback for it's members. You on the other
              hand are paying for advertising on the Yahoo website. Therefore
              perhaps you can share my/our feelings with them. An appropriate
              question is, are you paying proportionately less for your
              advertising, since you are now reaching far fewer potential customers
              as a result of what appears to be Yahoo's most recent attempt at
              economic suicide?

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 12, 2002
                Sending the messages makes me feel better anyway. Besides, ya never
                know what might work. Here's an example of my message:

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
                  --- In nursing2@y..., eagleriver2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Perhaps you are right, but sending the messages makes me feel
                  better
                  > anyway. Here is an example of my messages:
                  >
                  > I am a former member of several Yahoo clubs. Recently, they
                  > changed the format to "Groups." This new format is cumbersome and
                  > enjoys almost a 100% disapproval rating by the former club users.
                  In
                  > one of my clubs, the number of postings dropped from over 500 per
                  > month to less than 10. I am telling you about this because Yahoo
                  > provides no avenue of feedback for it's members. You on the other
                  > hand are paying for advertising on the Yahoo website. Therefore
                  > perhaps you can share my/our feelings with them. An appropriate
                  > question is, are you paying proportionately less for your
                  > advertising, since you are now reaching far fewer potential
                  customers
                  > as a result of what appears to be Yahoo's most recent attempt at
                  > economic suicide?

                  Nice letter...comes right to the point in in a way that they woul
                  listen...but I really don't think they will change...this is why they
                  didn't allow for feedback....these are free...the advertisers are
                  paying for te space...as the way with television...the commercials
                  pay for the shows...great for trying though...you just never know