Re: File - Medical Intensive Care Nursing.html

  • Patricia French
    Message 1 of 59 , Mar 2, 2013
      The AACN site has a CCRN review that costs 179 dollars. Its a good place to start and can help you pass the BKAT upon employment. Also, review ECG's, that is another test you will take. I have had to take these tests before I meet with the Nurse Manager for the interview.

      You can google "BKAT" and there is a place that sells versions of the test for review. It is done by snail mail and costs 15.00 dollars

      Its always good to be prepared.
      Sincerely Yours,

      Patricia French

      "BOOKS are not just made of words, they are filled with places to visit and people to meet."
      Unknown

      "What we find in books is like the fire in our hearths. We fetch it from our neighbor's, we kindle it at home, we communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all." .
      François-Marie Arouet Voltaire
      For every" good or bad thing" that happens in our lives we should always be grateful. We have the ability to reap good karma, and discard bad karma to start anew.  We should always be in a state of gratitude for everything that happens in our lives, it affords the opportunity for examination and reflection.
      If someone listens, stretches out a hand, whispers a word of encouragement, or attempts to understand another person, extraordinary things will  begin to happen.

      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Mary A. Kendra, Ph.D. <mkendra@...> wrote:

      I don’t know, Violet, but I’m sure there is a local AACN group there and they would know. You can contact National at chapters@... and ask how to get in contact with the Broward County chapter (which looks like it’s done well for itself http://www.aacn.org/WD/Memberships/Content/circle_of_excellence/2011-exemplar-pres-awd-broward-cty.content).

      You can also call a local ICU and ask them, they are sure to have listings. Some places (if you are changing to work in an ICU from PACU or anywhere else) have internships for folks starting ICU.

      But if you just want the knowledge without going into practice in the ICU, your best bet is a local critical care course through local AACN.

      You might try www.aorn.org or www.aspan.org for specifically operating room or perianesthesia nurses to see what they have to offer, as well.

      Good luck!

        Mary Kendra, PhD MSN

        Alumnus CCRN

      Any ICU review course in Dade/Broward County Florida, for someone who has been working PACU.

    • nursebob@yahoogroups.com
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 31