RE: File - Medical Intensive Care Nursing.html

  • Mary A. Kendra, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 2, 2013

      I don’t know, Violet, but I’m sure there is a local AACN group there and they would know. You can contact National at chapters@... and ask how to get in contact with the Broward County chapter (which looks like it’s done well for itself http://www.aacn.org/WD/Memberships/Content/circle_of_excellence/2011-exemplar-pres-awd-broward-cty.content).

      You can also call a local ICU and ask them, they are sure to have listings. Some places (if you are changing to work in an ICU from PACU or anywhere else) have internships for folks starting ICU.

      But if you just want the knowledge without going into practice in the ICU, your best bet is a local critical care course through local AACN.

      You might try www.aorn.org or www.aspan.org for specifically operating room or perianesthesia nurses to see what they have to offer, as well.

      Good luck!

        Mary Kendra, PhD MSN

        Alumnus CCRN

      Any ICU review course in Dade/Broward County Florida, for someone who has been working PACU.

    • nursebob@yahoogroups.com
      Message 56 of 56 , May 31