Re: [visit nursebob.com] Support our collegues!

  • Virginia Jansen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
      I couldn't add my comments to the card because it was
      full. I think its time nurses get some credit for what
      they do..........policemen and firemen seem to be the
      only people the public sees. ....

      --- johnnygage2003 <johnnygage2003@...> wrote:
      > As you know, nurses throughout Asia and in Toronto
      > have been working
      > under heavy conditions and putting their health at
      > risk caring for
      > patients during the SARS outbreak. Please take some
      > time to go to
      > http://www.geocities.com/sympathy_card to sign your
      > name and add a
      > message of support to our collegues on the front
      > lines. Thanks!

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Virginia Jansen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
        I couldn't add my comments to the card because it was
        full. I think its time nurses get some credit for what
        they do..........policemen and firemen seem to be the
        only people the public sees. ....

        --- johnnygage2003 <johnnygage2003@...> wrote:
        > As you know, nurses throughout Asia and in Toronto
        > have been working
        > under heavy conditions and putting their health at
        > risk caring for
        > patients during the SARS outbreak. Please take some
        > time to go to
        > http://www.geocities.com/sympathy_card to sign your
        > name and add a
        > message of support to our collegues on the front
        > lines. Thanks!

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Jethro Crenshaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
          Done...

          >From: Virginia Jansen <ginnymarie_1999@...>
          >To: nursebob@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [visit nursebob.com] Support our collegues!
          >Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 06:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >I couldn't add my comments to the card because it was
          >full. I think its time nurses get some credit for what
          >they do..........policemen and firemen seem to be the
          >only people the public sees. ....
          >
          >--- johnnygage2003 <johnnygage2003@...> wrote:
          > > As you know, nurses throughout Asia and in Toronto
          > > have been working
          > > under heavy conditions and putting their health at
          > > risk caring for
          > > patients during the SARS outbreak. Please take some
          > > time to go to
          > > http://www.geocities.com/sympathy_card to sign your
          > > name and add a
          > > message of support to our collegues on the front
          > > lines. Thanks!

        • Jethro Crenshaw
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
            I fully agree with you on that. For so long nursing, a predominantly female
            profession, and subject as always to societies rules, required that we take
            it. With "the shortage" we (collectively) have gained a bargaining chip and
            some recognition....and this shortage is not projected to improve
            signifigantly. Armed with this knowledge, I only hope others won't be so
            quick to sell themselves (and each other) short....Only nurses can brag that
            they (and they only) truly run the hospital. bargain from a position of
            power, don't let them play on your emotions, and pay your tithes (and taxes)
            gleefully. Somebody gets the bill for this one, maybe the corporaation.