re: A-line insertion

  • Jobun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      Dear Dr. Bob's Group:

      I have a quick question for you and appreciate any feedback you may have:
      Let's say a man goes in for an operation and has a left radial arterial line
      insertion during operation (patient has no cardiac history)..let's say he
      goes in with no hx of CTS, and the a-line stays in for 3 days, with numerous
      complaints from the patient of numbness and tingling in 1st 3 fingers of left
      hand. Following the operation--patient has constant numbness, chronic
      swelling, and a 15-20 degree difference in coldness from his right hand. CTS
      operation brings no relief..Is is possible for the insertion of the A line to
      have caused this? Appreciate your feedback! Rhonda