Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival

  • George Lessard
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Submission Deadline: September 10th, 2004.
      If you are interested in having your film or video screened at the
      2004 Winnipeg Aboriginal Film and Video Festival, act now!
      Information and a printable form for film and video submissions is
      now available.
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/submit.htm

      From: "Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival" <WAFVF@...>
      Subject: Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival
      Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:17:08 -0500

      Here is some information ... get the word out that we are still
      accepting films, we extended our deadline, that would be much
      appreciated.

      Have a great day,
      Thank you for assisting us with spreading the word of the festival,

      Karen McKenzie, Special Events Coordinator
      Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival
      WAFVF@...
      (204) 774-1375
      (204) 997-0458
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca

      The Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival 2004
      201 - 222 Furby Street
      Winnipeg, MB R3C 2A7

      More information:
      About the WAFVF Festival .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/intro.htm
      Sign up to become a volunteer .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/voluntee.htm
      If you'd like to sponsor this event .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/sponsors.htm
      How to contact us .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/contact.htm
      About the 2003
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/2003.htm
      and 2002 festivals.
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/2002.htm
      Schedule of film and video screenings .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/screens.htm
      Schedule of tours and workshops .
      http://www.aboriginalfilmfest.mb.ca/works.htm

      August 27, 2004

      Dear Filmmaker,

      In 2003, The Winnipeg Aboriginal Film & Video Festival (WAFVF) held
      its second successful event at the University of Winnipeg.

      The WAFVF festival is an extremely important event that provides a
      forum to showcase the talent of Aboriginal filmmakers. We invite you
      to submit your work to our festival.

      Our deadline is approaching...but we will accept submissions up to
      September 10th, 2004.

      We are expecting commissioning editors from CBC and APTN to our
      festival. We are also planning various professional development
      workshops and panels. We have a budget to assist filmmakers to attend
      our growing festival.

      This festival has grown considerably from its humble beginnings and
      is poised now to make a powerful impression on the national stage.

      Highest Regards,