"...about the future of our lives..." in Minnie Molly Snowball's blog from Kangiqsualujjuaq, Nunavik Quebec, Canada

  • George Lessard
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      *My Lifestory and writing*Minnie Molly Snowball
      *Location:*Kangiqsualujjuaq, Quebec, Canada

      Inuk, one quarter Naskapi. Very young and in love. Living up north and still
      in school. Addicted to facebook and blogging. Likes taking pictures and
      listening to music. Hopes to go to college, publish a book and live my
      dreams.

      http://minimaali.blogspot.com/

      [excerpt]

      Hi, It's Minnie Molly. I know I am young and I never thought it would come
      into this as I grew up. But here it is..

      Well, Ella and I have always talked when we're hanging out. It's good stuff
      and we go on and on. I've always wanted to share it with people and now I
      finally am. Sometimes, it feels like I really have to share it. I want to
      and I expect changes. I wouldn't be here talking about this if I didn't care
      about my fellow Inuit. It doesn't matter if only one person changes their
      life to a better one after hearing my speech. At least it's a start, right?
      First of all, I thank both of my parents for taking care of me, growing me
      in the right pathway. I wouldn't be brave enough to share it with the people
      who are listening right now.

      Okay, what I am going to talk about is are most basically about the future
      of our lives, which means, us, all of us Inuit. Changing our lives,
      education and inspiring the uninspired. I want to inspire people, like I
      have always been inspired and receive motivation from being greeted and
      supported with all the things I have done, such as going to Antarctica,
      Arctic Winter Games, Tundra Trot and traveling to different places for
      different reasons, good reasons. Now that I am older and know the life in
      the north, I have come to a point where I have realized that I need to
      inspire you guys too. I don't want the town to just be thankful for me, I
      want the town to be inspired and change their lives. Mostly the teenagers.
      We need to think about the future now, not next year. It's not too late to
      restart our lives. We can fix our mistakes and get a better life. I care
      about all of you. Nowadays, I try my best to give what I have to people that
      don't have it and want it. I care about others, I don't know if any of you
      guys have realized that but I do. Although people judge myself and
      eventually will, I always tell myself, just let them be and at least I know
      myself. I know what I want, I know I care about people. I want to help. I
      can try with everything I have. At least a little bit won't hurt either.