NUNAVUT 2009/2010 PROTOTYPE license plates
- NUNAVUT 2009 WALRUS PROTOTYPE plate
NUNAVUT, CANADA 2009 SAMPLE license plate
I recently received this sample plate prototype one of three proposed types
for the Canadian territory of Nunavut. Since 1999 when Nunavut became a
territory carved out of the Northwest Territories they have used the same
style of plates as them. Well Nunavut wants to go it alone with their own
Of the three prototypes released to the public this is the most likely
choice. This plate has some intersting features.
1. This plate will feature for the first time in Canada and probably in the
USA an aboriginal person on it's plates in this case an eskimo or Inuit as
they are properly referred too.
2. For the first time the Nunavut license plates will feature the legend
"OUR LAND" in the Inuit language.
3. A double slogan plate with the legend in red " CANADA'S ARCTIC"
4. Slogan of "OUR LAND" bilingual in English and Inuit.
5. if this style is accepted which I believe it will it will be Canada's
first "flat" graphic general issue. A first for the first issue.
According to government sources in Nunavut this will be the choice for
Nunavut license plates to debut in 2009 or 2010 at the latest. This plate
fully graphic colored mostly black on light blue is the most likely choice
for an original license plate from Canada's 13th jurisdiction.
This photo has notes. Move your mouse over the photo to see them.
About woody1778a / Jerry "Woody"
Love, Huntin", Fishin", Golfin" ,photography. Member of ALPCA Automobile
License Plate Collectors Association see alpca.org.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]