Regional VP Nominations for NEU
- From: "Susan Gardener" <susan@...>
Subject: Regional VP Nominations for NEU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:48:30 -0500
Four NEU Regional Vice President Positions
Pursuant to NEU By-Law 12 Section 4 the Regional Vice President (RVP)
election must take place within 90 days of the NEU Convention. There
are four (4) RVP positions: Qikiqtaaluup Kanangnangani (Iqaluit,
Kimmirut, Sanikiluaq), Qikiqtaaluup Uangnangani, Kivalliq and
The Regional Vice President shall:
- Attend all meetings of the Executive;
- Be responsible to the Executive for the administration of
the Union affairs in their Region;
- Attend membership and Executive meetings of Locals and
Sub-Locals within their respective region;
- Represent the interest of the Locals within their Region at
meetings of the Executive;
- Report to the Locals within their Region on the activities
of the Executive.
Note: In order to be eligible for candidacy for such office a member
shall have demonstrated at least one year of active service to the
NEU, this would normally have been achieved by the virtue of being a
steward, Local Officer or officer of the NEU.
The RVP nominations are open from March 3 - 17, 2006.
Please contact the NEU Head Office for the full list of duties or for
the RVP nomination form by email: <mailto:susan@...>susan@...;
tollfree:1-877-243-4424; tel:979-4209 or fax 979-4522.