Ten Quick Ways to Improve Board Meetings

  • George Lessard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ten Quick Ways to Improve Board Meetings

      TEN QUICK WAYS TO IMPROVE BOARD MEETINGS When we think about the
      boards we're on, we usually think about the board meetings-which says
      a lot about the importance of having good meetings. Make a resolution
      to implement one of...
      http://newsblog.voluntarygateway.ca/forum/view.php?id=5_0_4_0

      Related articles from the Board Café Archives:
      The Strategic Board Agenda (Feb 00), http://www.boardcafe.org/bc2000_02.html
      Annual Report from a Board Committee (Nov 97),
      http://www.boardcafe.org/bc1197.html
      Should the Board Hold Executive Sessions? (Oct 98),
      http://www.boardcafe.org/bc1098.html
      Board Meeting Packets (Jan 01), http://www.boardcafe.org/bc2001_01.html
      Where Should the Board President and the Executive Director Sit?
      (Oct 99), http://www.boardcafe.org/bc1999_10.html
      Consent Agenda (June 00), http://www.boardcafe.org/bc2000_06.html

      More from
      http://www.voluntarygateway.ca/en/boards/

      New information on liability insurance
      New! Action on liability insurance for the voluntary sector Has your
      organization been affected by the liability insurance crunch in
      recent years? A new resource is now available - the liability section
      on the VSF website has undergone a...

      Governing for Results - A Director's Guide to Good Governance
      Although this book by Mel Gill is intended to fill a gap in the
      resources available to volunteer members of nonprofit boards of
      directors, much of its guidance will also be useful for directors of
      public and private sector corporations....

      Time, talent and treasure: BoardMatch helps make the connection
      It was Flannery O'Connor who told us that "a good man is hard to
      find," but most nonprofits would probably tell you it's even harder
      to find a good board member. So when Altruvest Charitable Services
      launched its BoardMatch program...

      National survey examines board governance practices in the Canadian
      non-profit and voluntary sector
      Extended to May 17, 2005 - please complete the survey. Strategic
      Leverage Partners Inc. and the Centre for Voluntary Sector Research
      and Development (CVSRD) out of Carleton University and the University
      of Ottawa have...

      Are you ready to be a board volunteer?
      By Michelle Martinez, CGA, MSW January 31, 2005 Reprinted with
      permission You're at a party, mixing and mingling with friends, and
      someone happens to mention that they volunteer with the board of a...

      Definition of a Board
      Definition of a Board A board is a group of carefully selected
      individuals who serve voluntarily to make decisions, to carry out
      fiscal responsibilities and determine policies that guide and support
      the orgnaization. Source: Building Board Strength, Vancouver
      Volunteer Centre