RE: [nuenergy] Free Energy?

  • David Thomson
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
      Hi Whizard,

      I just got 50KV smarter in the past few minutes.  Doing a search on Potential Transformers, I realize the schematic does not mean it is DC just because it has a positive and negative terminal.  The positive and negative terminal means that one specific side of the transformer must be connected to ground.  The output is still AC.  Ouch!!!

      Although I am more illuminated at this point, that doesn't change the nature of the discovery, at least not yet.  I was still receiving high voltage AC through the air.  That little vacuum tube thing may have nothing to do with this.  I'll check that out, too.

      As for the ground, I was referring to it being isolated from my regular house current ground.  I'm working on a wood floor surface a couple feet up from the earth.  I am absolutely certain my body did not make contact with the ground connection.  I'm very conscious about that.  Not that I wouldn't want to be grounded, but I just don't want to be connected to any part of the circuits (except for that terminal ball.)

      But now knowing that the transformer was outputting AC, I can see how my body could have been used as an antenna.  I may have temporarily become a broadcasting antenna.  I wonder if my thoughts flashed across the local television screens? :-)

      Dave

      David Thomson
      Volantis

      G-1 #1202

      dave@...
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
        >Is this an old neon sign type transformer?

        I don't know what an old neon sign transformer looks like. But it does have
        the right configuration.

        Dave

        David Thomson
        dave@... <mailto:dave@...>

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
          The transformer I have specifically states 50KV and is a 120 to 1 ratio.
          Does that mean the output is actually 14.4KV with a maximum rating of 50KV?

          I don't think your assumptions are too far off.

          Dave

          David Thomson
          dave@... <mailto:dave@...>

          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
            where did the circuit come from?

            Did you wind your own coil? what gage is the wire?

            If the transformer was plugged into the wall it was pulsed DC.

            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
            • David Thomson
              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                Hi Kelly,

                This is a 27" diameter flat spiral coil I wound with 21 gage wire.  The transformer was plugged into the wall.  Do you know something about potential transformers?

                This circuit is my own.  I was trying to understand the nature of the induced current in the secondary.  The open circuit is what captured my attention.  It seemed as though electrostatic induction was at work.  Tomorrow I will take pictures of my project and post them on my web site.

                What I'm attempting to do is provide just the right electrostatic conditions so I can build a vacuum tube energy accumulator.

                I hope you have some concrete information about this transformer.  I'm not going to do any more connections now until I fully understand how it works.

                Dave

                David Thomson
                Volantis

                G-1 #1202

                dave@...

              • Lyn
                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                  You ask for input (heh heh pardon the natural pun) great experiment but
                  we still need you around for a while. Be carefull sweet thing!

                  I nearly blew up our garage once trying something out..

                  Lyn

                  dtb1000 wrote:

                  > --- In nuenergy@y..., "David Thomson" <dave@v...> wrote:
                  > > I just got the shock of my life today.
                  > >
                  > > Below is the circuit I had setup
                  > >

                  > > G is a 50KV potential transformer.
                  <shortened>
                • David Thomson
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                    Thanks Whizard, I'll do that as soon as the weather clears.

                    David Thomson
                    Volantis

                    G-1 #1202

                    dave@...
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                      I was assuming yours was exactly the same as the one on ebay but with a
                      120:1 ratio that would make it 14.4KV with 120 AC. I believe these
                      voltages are standard for AC step down or step up line transformers and
                      thus I will assume it has the abilility to handle large current also. The
                      50Kv rating may be the breakdown voltage - max it could output before
                      arcing or breakdown occurs in the unit. The plate I see on the one from
                      ebay indicates a primary voltage of 8400/14560 which would indicate it is a
                      stepdown transformer. Of course it can be used in reverse also - what is
                      called the primary then becomes the secondary. Neon transformers are
                      typically smaller physically and often rectangular in shape from my
                      experience.

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                        Hi Whizard,

                        My transformer is 2400/4157Y at 120:1. OK, now the diagram on the cover
                        makes sense. This too is a step down transformer and the schematic is
                        showing where to connect the hot wire and the ground wire from the power
                        distribution system. Now it makes sense.

                        How would I determine the amperage output when used as a step up
                        transformer?

                        Dave

                        David Thomson
                        dave@... <mailto:dave@...>
                      • David Thomson
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                          Thanks Lyn,

                          Yes, you could say this experience illuminated me. My potential for making
                          mistakes was great, but I know better now. Thanks for the input. This has
                          certainly been my day to get lots of it. As careful as I have been for the
                          past several years, I always knew the work was dangerous. I realized how
                          close I came to being teleported off this planet today, but it's worth it.
                          I have spent several years building up my inventory of parts, equipment,
                          knowledge and ideas. I'm now working full time on my research and love
                          every minute of it. I fully accept the consequences of my actions and
                          actually didn't mind the thought that I might die from trying to fulfill my
                          life's dream. But you're good wishes are well taken. I'll do my best to
                          make sure I finish my work. Thanks for your concern.

                          Dave

                          David Thomson
                          dave@... <mailto:dave@...>

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                            Theoretically I believe that if you multiply the voltage by 120 then the
                            current will be divided by 120. Assuming a potential input of 15 amps from
                            a standard house outlet (although it could go a bit more if the transformer
                            is under a load and I believe the amount it will draw depends on the size
                            of the windings and resistance of that winding you plug into the 120 AC)
                            you could have about 125 milliamps - very lethal at 14.4 kv. The only
                            reason that it might not be lethal is that it is at a much higher
                            frequency. The lethal potential of a voltage is of course also dependent
                            on the frequency. Very high frequencies don't stop your heart but tend to
                            burn badly. Either way you must be very careful with it. BTW there is a
                            chart around somewhere of lethal voltages versus current and frequencies.
                            Wouldn't you know it - 60 cycle AC is one of the most lethal frequencies.

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                              Hi Lyn! Long time no hear, see! How are things in your part of this
                              little blue-green jewel? As I'm sure you know things have been getting
                              weird over here - All the more reason we need to get some useful energy
                              devices. I believe our lives may soon depend on an alternative energy
                              source. It's good to see some here are making time to experiment and
                              making progress. I just wish that those who already have the answers would
                              make them available (by whatever means and cost they choose) to those who
                              are seeking before people like us and Dave zap ourselves into oblivion
                              trying :)

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                                I'm starting up a new group for Flat Spiral Secondary Coils. I don't want
                                to hog all the bandwidth here at Nuenergy. I'll still post any solid
                                advances as they are made.

                                David Thomson
                                dave@... <mailto:dave@...>
                              • Bryan Nelson
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jan 30, 2002
                                  Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> [...]
                                  > the
                                  > > nature of this current is. I find it rather odd that a DC potential
                                  > could
                                  > > create such a powerful AC current, or at least I didn't expect it.
                                  > And the
                                  > > current I felt through my body when touching the terminal was
                                  > definitely
                                  > > oscillating. Just in the few seconds I touched the terminal I felt
                                  > several
                                  > > horsepower of current, enough to make me think I was being
                                  > electrocuted.
                                  > >
                                  > > Any ideas, comments, insights, etc are welcome.
                                  > > Dave
                                  > >
                                  > > David Thomson
                                  > > dave@v... <mailto:dave@v...>
                                  >

                                  > Message Archive:
                                  >
                                  > http://www.escribe.com/science/nuenergy/index.html
                                  >
                                  > To subscribe to this group, send an email

                                • Bruce A. Perreault
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jan 31, 2002
                                    Whizard,

                                    There is a chart in our list file area...

                                    -BAP