Mail header munging?

  • Moe Drippins
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 1999
      Someone told me long ago about a package that would look at outgoing
      mail headers and adjust others to match.

      I.e., I could set it up so that if the To: field was
      ntemacs-users@..., it would automatically set my From:
      header to ug@... so that the list would recognize me (since
      that's the name I subcribed under).

      If my To: header was going to anyone at my work domain, it would
      adjust my from and reply-to to my work address, and so on.

      Can anyone tell me what/where this package might be? Thanks.
    • Sridhar Boovaraghavan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 1999
        Moe Drippins writes:
        > Someone told me long ago about a package that would look at outgoing
        > mail headers and adjust others to match.
        >
        > I.e., I could set it up so that if the To: field was
        > ntemacs-users@..., it would automatically set my From:
        > header to ug@... so that the list would recognize me (since
        > that's the name I subcribed under).
        >
        > If my To: header was going to anyone at my work domain, it would
        > adjust my from and reply-to to my work address, and so on.
        >
        > Can anyone tell me what/where this package might be? Thanks.

        I had a similar need. Somebody pointed me to "Personality Crisis for
        VM". Great package. This is a package for VM that allows you to do the
        things that you have asked for. I believe that it requires VM as your
        mail reader.

        http://student.uq.edu.au/~s323140/pcrisis/

        For VM: http://www.wonderworks.com/vm/

        Sridhar