Re: [NTS] AutoIt

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2002

      > I have been taking a few baby steps with AutoIt ....

      Have you used / compared PowerPro to AutoIt!? I've been lurking on both
      lists without actually using either for writing/running scipts. I'd got
      the impression that PowerPro was more "powerful" and "flexible" though
      maybe its just the impression I get from the tone of the user groups.

      I wasn't positive that PowerPro even had a command line interface but it
      looks like (from a search of the Help) that it is there.

      --
      Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 25, 2002
          Alec,

          When I tried to find PowerPro on Google I found several sites using that
          name. Would you please post the URL for your PowerPro.

          Thanks!

          Mike Hopkins
          ironmike@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 25, 2002
            Hi Mike,

            I learned from the PowerPro Yahoo group that the latest version is
            here:

            http://www.windowspowerpro.com/download/pwrpro34.zip

            If you navigate to Downloads from that site you get version 3.3
            (which is what I had installed yesterday). One big improvement in 3.4
            is that it includes a chm help file (which is a bit easier to
            navigate and find things).

            The program does have to be resident to use the command line features
            btw.

            I don't see much similarity to AutoIt. But it does look like a
            worthwhile program, especially for customizing Windows, setting up
            menus and so forth.