Found It! Was: Re: [NTS] Drop-down list, slightly revised

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2002
      Harvey,

      Sorry for the delay, I had more come up this weekend than I anticipated. I
      finally found the problem.

      It was right in front of me, but I was missing it. It is an issue that has
      come up several times before related to working with libraries and certain
      characters for the first character in their name.

      Here is the first line of the clip that does not run:

      ^!LoadLibrary "_Larry.clb"

      Here is the error message:

      Cannot open file c:\....\Larry.clb <- Notice it does not have the initial
      '_' in front of the name.

      I use leading underscores to force my active, i.e. not hidden libraries to
      sort the most used ones at the front of the list.

      I had to work around this for my clip to build NoteTab command lines. I
      borrowed from the master, himself....

      ^!FarClip Utilities:FillLibraryList
      ^!Set %LibraryName%=^?{(H=10)Choose a library==_^%LibraryList%} <- This
      line prepends an _
      ^!Set %lib%=^$StrDelete("^%LibraryName%";1;1)$
      <- This line takes it away.

      I have determined that the last two lines of your clip have the issue, but
      have not had time to figure out the syntax to make it handle the leading
      underscore. Your clip is already working with leading characters, so adding
      an underscore in the penultimate line, as above, yielded cannot find
      c:\...\arry.clb.

      This should help you narrow down where in your clip to best account for
      leading underscores in Library names.

      Larry

      P.S. I like your format and de-format clips. I have an older version of
      both, but they are not compatible with the latest version. I think a
      combination of your format-deformat clip with the checksum from Wayne would
      really simplify email transmission of clips, plus insure their integrity. A
      "one-clicker", as Jody calls them, for each side of the process would be
      slick. Fewer steps in a clip's ease-of-use leads to more wide-spread
      adoption in my opinion.