Drop down clipbar menu.

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2002
      Hi ALL,

      This is something new for the class to play with!

      I've read several times on these lists of someone asking about or wanting a
      dropdown menu for the (current) clipbar.

      It started sounding like an interesting idea and I started working on
      this clip

      Restricting the function to the current bar requires only, at most, 3
      clicks
      to run a clip, or it can be done with one single and one doubleclick.

      Clipbar files are 3 field, comma-separated variable databases and it became
      a matter of manipulating the first 2 fields of each line.

      One real advantage of the dropdown list, you can have many more clipbar
      buttons in a single file than will fit on the screen and not need to
      wrap the
      clipbar. This will save a few lines of editing space in the NoteTab edit
      window.

      For instance, a default toolbar with most or all the clips you need
      for most of your work.

      In my case, I added, in the first position, a button for this clip in
      all my toolbars.

      I do have a slight alignment problem due to the variable width font in
      the wizard
      window.

      Any suggestions to gain better alignment, speed up the clip or just
      generally
      improve it gladly listened to.

      hrs

      H="ClipBarClips"
      ;_Modified~Updated~Created_9/19/02_12:14:28a_hsavage@...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!Menu File/New
      ^!SetWordWrap 0
      ^!SetIniFile
      ^!SetDelimiter ,
      ^!SetWizardTitle ºººººººººººº ^$GetValue("Options:ClipbarName")$ clips
      ºººººººººººº
      ^!Set
      %list%=^$GetFileText(^$GetLibraryPath$^$GetValue("Options:ClipbarName")$.ctb)$
      ^!Set %list%=^$StrTrim(^$StrReplace(""";"";^%list%;0;0)$)$
      ^!InsertText ^%list%
      ^!Set %lines%=^$GetTextLineCount$
      ^!Set %Index%=0
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %index%
      ^!If ^%index%>^%lines% DONE
      ^!Jump ^%index%
      ^!Set %clip1^%index%%=^$StrLower("^$GetField(^%index%;1)$")$
      ^!Set %clip2^%index%%=^$StrUpper("^$GetField(^%index%;2)$")$
      ^!Set %strlen%=^$StrFill(·;^$Calc(17-^$StrSize("^%clip1^%index%%")$)$)$
      ^!Append %clips%=^%clip1^%index%%:^%strlen%^%clip2^%index%%|
      ^!Goto LOOP
      :DONE
      ^!Close DISCARD
      ^!Set %clips%=^?{(H=32;t=l)CLIPBAR CLIPS ACCESS, NO CHOICE QUITS=^%clips%}
      ^!FarClip ^$StrReplace("·";"";^%clips%;0;0)$