[NTS] Re: Snatch-A-Clip: http://www.notetab.net/html/snatchclp.htm

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2002

      > Running clips with hotkeys has been high on the list of
      > enhancement requests, so I thought the clip posted to this
      > list garner more interest. Moreover, I'm looking for
      > help; I'd like to know how it works on different platforms.
      > How about giving me a hand? :D

      I'm using the shortcut keys to focus on two Pasteback libraries I've
      merged into one. There's a section that I use in Eudora for my lists
      to respond with repetitive subscriber FAQ text, a section deals with
      Notetab moderation, and a section for browser based clips that help
      me to expand Yahoogroups messages, change HTML code on the fly on a
      page at a web based host, and in formatting web based mail replies.

      I don't think I'd be as interested in the shortcut keys if I wasn't
      using the Pasteback library. I made a couple of shortcut keys to use
      in Notetab, but I ended up deleting them and going back to the In-
      Context Clipbook feature. Two of them also conflicted with preset
      Notetab shortcuts. (It's like a new feature that's present in the
      latest NetCaptor beta that allows you to control-z to reopen the last
      closed webpage - I control-z to undo in a web message box all the
      time and the first time I did it in this mail and it reopened a page -
      I couldn't figure out what was happening!)

      Obviously I'm not "over the hump" as John said, because I get a lot
      out of looking at clips and trying to figure out what makes them
      work. I've gotten ideas from other clips as to how I can apply the
      same concept to make life simpler for me :-).

      my 2ยข,
      Julie