Re: [NTS] Redirecting GAWK Output

  • Robert Bull
    Message 1 of 16 , May 17 1:34 PM
      Hello, flo.gehrke;

      fg> I see that last version working and getting to the result that you
      fg> had in mind.

      What a pity it wasn't what *you* had in mind. I might have known I'd
      get the wrong end of the stick... still, it was a fun play session.

      Robert Bull
      mailto:barlennan@...
    • Kees Nuyt
      Message 2 of 16 , May 17 1:51 PM
        On Mon, 14 May 2012 16:17:09 -0000, you wrote:

        > Why don't I see the lines output by PRINT?
        >

        > GAWK Subroutine called in NT clip:
        > This leaves all the original document lines followed by 16 on the last line. All text is selected by clip.
        > # Find size of longest line
        > {
        > print $0
        > if (length($0) > max) { max = length($0) }
        > }
        > END { print max }
        >

        > SCRIPT.AWK
        > # Find size of longest line
        > {
        > PRINT $0
        > if (length($0) > max) { max = length($0) }
        > }
        > END { print max }

        PRINT is not the same as print .
        gawk is case-sensitive.