Re: [NTS] sort R2L, count dupes

  • milan.boran@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
      Hi Flo

      Doing this the 1st time, do I put this into a text file and name it
      somehow and load it as a clip or so into NoteTab? Please advise.

      > ^!Menu Edit/Copy All
      > ^!Toolbar Paste New
      > ^!RunGawk "gawk reverse characters"
      > ^!Delay 5
      > ^!Select All
      > ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";0;1;0)$
      > ^!RunGawk "gawk reverse characters"
      > ^!Jump 1
      > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      >
      > :Loop
      > ^!Jump Line_End
      > ^!InsertText ^%SPACE%^$StrCount("^$GetLine$";"^$GetText$";0;1)$
      > ^!Jump +1
      > ^!IfEmpty ^$GetLine$ End Else Loop
      >

      > where the GAWK script -- placed in a subsclip named 'gawk reverse characters' -- is...
      What should I do here? Save this following part as a subclip? But what
      does that mean, a subroutine, I know, but in terms of action, save it
      in a text file and then put it where?

      > # Reverse characters on each line
      > BEGIN { FS = "" }
      > {
      > for (i=NF;i>0;i--) printf("%s",$i)
      > printf("\%s",RT)
      > }

      This is great stuff. Just need to figure out the last steps.

      Many thanks for this Easter present,
      Milan

      --

      ----------
      Legal Note
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2012
        --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "milan.boran@..." <milan.boran@...> wrote:

        > Hi Flo

        Milan,

        > Doing this the 1st time, do I put this into a text file and name it
        > somehow and load it as a clip or so into NoteTab? Please advise.

        Copy the clip to clipboard, open any clipbook, and insert the clip with 'Add from clipboard' (using the context menu inside the left pane of the clipbook).

        >> where the GAWK script -- placed in a subsclip named 'gawk reverse characters'
        >> is...
        > What should I do here? Save this following part as a subclip? But what
        > does that mean, a subroutine, I know, but in terms of action, save it
        > in a text file and then put it where?

        Same procedure as above. Please note: You may name the main clip with any name whereas the subclip must be named 'gawk reverse characters' according with the subclip call.

        For more details, see the 'Help on Clip Programming' | Executing Programs | Using Perl, GAWK, and Other Scripts'.

        Regards,
        Flo
      • milan.boran@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 20, 2012
          Yes, this problem has been solved.

          Many thanks to all who helped, especially
          Don, Flo, Jonas, and Thomas.

          Best regards,
          Milan

          --