Creating a Find and Replace Script or Macro in ntp

  • mhcycles
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2010
      Posting to the notetab list too as this doesn't require a script.

      Julie

      I need to create an easy way to process a ntp file and replace every period with a period hard return and line space. Being a total novice at such things I'm hoping someone can tell me how to do it. The end result that I want is each sentence on a separate line with a line space in between the lines.

      Thanks.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2010
        It can be done with a clip or not. If you want to do it manually for every document, you can do it
        with find and replace. Otherwise, you'd want a clip.

        Using the Search Replace dialog, select Regular Exp.
        In the find section put (\.)\R*(With the quotes)
        In the replace section, put $1\r\n\r\n

        As a clip:
        ^!Replace "(\.)\R*" >> "$1\r\n\r\n" ARSTW

        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2010
          Thank you John!!