Re: reload library on .clb save

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20 8:11 AM
      --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "tallguy354u1" <robb@...> wrote:

      > I am using NoteTabPro 6.2 and can't get a custom built library to reload itself. In past versions of NTP once the .clb was saved to disk the clipbook would reload the changes and update itself. It no longer does this and has also relisted the contents of the library in a clump. Is there any way to reload a library so that the clipbook will refresh itself in version 6.2 f/v?
      >
      > Thanks for any thoughts on this!
      >
      > Robb

      I'm not having that issue. Can you give more details of exactly what you are doing?

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 20 12:21 PM
        On 3/20/2010 12:19 PM, Robb wrote:

        > I have built libraries that use Perl script to manipulate text
        > selections within NTP. These libraries are stored in .clb files
        > (ex: mylib.clb) that can themselves be opened and edited.
        > Previous to NTP 6.2 once a .clb file was edited and saved the act
        > of saving would refresh the library ... so for instance if I
        > added a new clip in the file the new clip would appear upon
        > saving the .clb. It no longer does this ... and the library won't
        > seem to reload or refresh at all.

        Usually I edit my clips using clip-edit. But I can instead right click the the library name in the clip panel and Open the clb library as a document. I can type new instructions onto an existing clip and do a file save (Ctrl+S). Then I can run the clip from the already loaded library and the new instructions are part of the clip that is executed. I can also do a File-Open, browse to my Application Data area, NoteTab Pro, Libraries folder, and open (as a document) the clb file that is currently loaded in the clipbook and do the same thing. I still have no idea what you are doing differently.

        If you happen to be running your clips from the clipbar, there is a documented limitation that perl scripts that are stored in clip libraries are not clipbar-safe. However, that limitation is nothing new. What previous NoteTab version were you using?

      • tallguy354u1
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20 1:13 PM
          --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          > On 3/20/2010 12:19 PM, Robb wrote:
          >
          > > I have built libraries that use Perl script to manipulate text
          > > selections within NTP. These libraries are stored in .clb files
          > > (ex: mylib.clb) that can themselves be opened and edited.
          > > Previous to NTP 6.2 once a .clb file was edited and saved the act
          > > of saving would refresh the library ... so for instance if I
          > > added a new clip in the file the new clip would appear upon
          > > saving the .clb. It no longer does this ... and the library won't
          > > seem to reload or refresh at all.
          >
          > Usually I edit my clips using clip-edit. But I can instead right click the the library name in the clip panel and Open the clb library as a document. I can type new instructions onto an existing clip and do a file save (Ctrl+S). Then I can run the clip from the already loaded library and the new instructions are part of the clip that is executed. I can also do a File-Open, browse to my Application Data area, NoteTab Pro, Libraries folder, and open (as a document) the clb file that is currently loaded in the clipbook and do the same thing. I still have no idea what you are doing differently.
          >
          > If you happen to be running your clips from the clipbar, there is a documented limitation that perl scripts that are stored in clip libraries are not clipbar-safe. However, that limitation is nothing new. What previous NoteTab version were you using?

          The "Restore Default Library" fixed the problem ... You have to right click in the clip-book to see it and it has to be active, meaning that you sorted the library or did something to alter its state. It may have been the "Sorted" option that started all this ... its on the same palette via right click. Thanks