Perl leaves a binary character after a switch statement runs via NTP editor

  • tallguy354u1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010
      Hi, I have been using NoteTabPro for many many years. I use Perl to run scripts over highlighted text. Since the new OS of XP Pro I have noticed that when the Perl script runs that it dumps a binary character at the end of the replacement text. Does anyone using Perl in this way have an idea how to resolve the issue?

      NoteTabPro 4.95
      Perl ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86-287188.msi

      Thanks for any info!

      Robb
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2010
        Robb: This was apparently a known bug up to Notetab 5 (I found
        discussion of it in the beta group)

        Sheri said: > Will you be fixing the ^!RunPerl bug. For years (every
        version of
        > Perl since 5.6) anything returned to a Notetab buffer by a Perl
        > script is terminated with a box character. It is a decimal 26 or hex
        > 1A or Ctrl-Z.
        Eric said > ... fixed next beta ...

        I suggest you (at least) get the trial version of current Notetab 6 and
        verify (or otherwise) the bug has been corrected.
        If you are using Perl you might find that the improvements to regexp
        engine allow things to be done all in native Notetab clips which
        otherwise would have been much too slow or impossible to express.