Re: [NTS] Search and replace Regular Expression

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
      Hello Steve,

      A month ago I posted an extensive list and discussion of RegEx
      resources on the NoteTab Clips group:

      Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 23:57:46 -0700
      Subject: [Clip] RegEx Resources

      There are links to tutorials that are understandable by newbies. I found
      them to be very helpful and also good refreshers. The built-in NoteTab
      RegEx help file is basically a regurgitation of the official RegEx spec
      written by Philip Hazel. It was written as a reference document, not as
      a tutorial and assumes you already know what a RegEx is.

      The Perl.org tutorials start from the basic "hello world" level and have
      lots of examples. Just ignore the Perl specific syntax and absorb the
      RegEx info. The perlrequick document is a good tool to print out and
      keep handy.

      To the Group: I suspect I am not the only one who didn't realize (or
      forgot), that this is one of two overlapping NoteTab groups on Yahoo.
      This one (NoteTab Scripts) seems to have almost the same agenda
      as NoteTab Clips. Both deal with clips and both deal with RegEx.

      Why two groups??? It's been years since I set up my email filters so
      any distinction is long lost and I have been operating on automatic
      ever since. It would seem that, short of dual posting, a lot of info and
      interested audience is lost. I would guess that not every one is signed
      up with both groups.

      Namaste', Art

      At 07-18-2009 08:21, you wrote:
      >I am a complete greenhorn with reg exp so sorry if this has been answered
      >or its a stupid question.
      <snip>