Re: [NTS] Re: Search and replace Regular Expression

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2009
      Steve: I'll bet your mind is reeling, especially if you tried to digest
      everything in Sheri's excellent reference PDF in one pass.
      Another you might want to have a look at (less scrolling and repetition)
      but denser presentation is: http://www.regular-expressions.info/

      Its the "I'm feeling lucky"(#1 hit) if you just google [regular expressions]
      In fact it's #1 on all of the big three Google, Bing and Yahoo (check
      with http://blindsearch.fejus.com/ ) 8-)
      <aside> I wonder how Jan Goyvaerts, author of RegexBuddy, managed to
      establish and maintain that position? </aside>

      I just want to point out that your original question (joining split
      lines back into one) can be handled in Notetab by menu-Modify-Lines-Join
      Lines (aka Ctrl+J) and well worth putting its button on your toolbar.
      Just select the lines you want joined and issue Ctrl+J or select
      multiple groups of split lines separated by blank lines and do them all
      with one key press.

      That said, I hope you continue with exploring regular expressions - once
      you achieve a little bit of comfort with them you'll find many other
      programs in addition to Notetab where they can be used.

      <http://gravitonic.com/c/dl.php?file=talks/php-quebec-2009/regex-clinic.pdf>

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2009
        Hello Steve,

        A month ago I posted an extensive list and discussion of RegEx
        resources on the NoteTab Clips group:

        Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 23:57:46 -0700
        Subject: [Clip] RegEx Resources

        There are links to tutorials that are understandable by newbies. I found
        them to be very helpful and also good refreshers. The built-in NoteTab
        RegEx help file is basically a regurgitation of the official RegEx spec
        written by Philip Hazel. It was written as a reference document, not as
        a tutorial and assumes you already know what a RegEx is.

        The Perl.org tutorials start from the basic "hello world" level and have
        lots of examples. Just ignore the Perl specific syntax and absorb the
        RegEx info. The perlrequick document is a good tool to print out and
        keep handy.

        To the Group: I suspect I am not the only one who didn't realize (or
        forgot), that this is one of two overlapping NoteTab groups on Yahoo.
        This one (NoteTab Scripts) seems to have almost the same agenda
        as NoteTab Clips. Both deal with clips and both deal with RegEx.

        Why two groups??? It's been years since I set up my email filters so
        any distinction is long lost and I have been operating on automatic
        ever since. It would seem that, short of dual posting, a lot of info and
        interested audience is lost. I would guess that not every one is signed
        up with both groups.

        Namaste', Art

        At 07-18-2009 08:21, you wrote:
        >I am a complete greenhorn with reg exp so sorry if this has been answered
        >or its a stupid question.
        <snip>