NoteTab 6.1 now available
- Hi everyone,
We're pleased to announce the release of NoteTab 6.1 (all versions).
NoteTab Light is free as usual, and the retail versions are free for
registered users of version 5 and 6.
You'll find the update link in NoteTab's "Check for Updates" feature,
which is available from the Help menu. If you don't see the version 6.1
info in the News and Updates window, click on the "Get headlines" button
at the top-left of the screen to refresh the list.
Not a customer yet? Depending on your location, you can get a NoteTab
Pro or Std license at no cost through TrialPay. For more information,
click on the corresponding NoteTab license below:
Improvements since version 6.0:
* When opening files, NoteTab can now automatically detect in most cases
the appropriate code page to display Unicode and UTF-8 documents.
* When saving Web files (those listed in Options), NoteTab automatically
uses the appropriate encoding based on the defined charset value.
* Added the Code Page submenu to the Tab-bar shortcut menu. This feature
lets you reload a document using a different code page. Useful in cases
when NoteTab doesn't automatically select the most appropriate code page.
* Improved Search Disk feature. It now correctly handles Unicode and
UTF-8 files, as well as files with non-Windows line breaks. During
find/replace operations, the searched file is loaded into memory and
temporarily converted to ANSI with Windows line breaks (CRLF). If a
replace operation has modified the data, NoteTab converts it back to its
original format before saving it to disk.
* Updated Export dialog box with UTF-8 and Unicode options.
* Added new "Format-Search Limit" setting on Advanced tab in Options
dialog box. See NoteTab Help for details.
* Included a new Clip-based Clip writing aid, "Clipcode Syntax"
(courtesy Sheri Pierce). See the Clip Help file for details.
* The "UTF-8 (no conversion)" code page option has been fixed and a new
"System Code Page" option added in the File Open dialog box.
* Fixed some issues with double-byte text and the rich-edit controls.
* Updated Help, documentation, and data files.
* Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.
* Clip-code additions:
Returns the default Windows ANSI Code page.
Returns the Code page of the active document.
Returns the Code page of the specified document.