Re: [NTS] Notetab 5.5 script timing differences from NTB4.95

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
      Hi Harvey,

      Eric declined to change input controls. The program code was updated.
      The input control for Light and Standard is different than the one for
      Pro (richedit vs turbopower), but it is my understanding that each of
      them is using essentially the same input control in previous vs
      current versions.

    • Rob Springer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
        Thanks Sheri,

        I had been moving to these other commands you reference for any new
        scripts, it's just reworking the old ones I was working to avoid.

        How does the direct text entry on a line compare to the ^!Keyboard
        command? I'm referring to when you just direct enter text to be put in
        a document when the script runs. Is this the fastest way to put text
        in? It's definitely the easiest!

        Rob

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
          --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Springer" <springro@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Sheri,
          >
          > I had been moving to these other commands you reference for any
          > new scripts, it's just reworking the old ones I was working to
          > avoid. How does the direct text entry on a line compare to the
          > ^!Keyboard command? I'm referring to when you just direct enter
          > text to be put in a document when the script runs. Is this the
          > fastest way to put text in? It's definitely the easiest!
          >
          > Rob

          Hi Rob,

          I generally use ^!InsertText and ^!InsertHTML, but as long as its
          plain text entering it without a command works fine too. Any of the
          above should be faster and more reliable than using ^!Keyboard for
          that purpose.

          I think you would find my clipcode syntax clips helpful for clip
          writing. Its available here:

          If you need to join the clips group first, go here:

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
            Amen to this! This is the second best thing that happened to me on a
            computer with the first being the discovery of notetab.