Re: [NTS] Notetab 5.5 script timing differences from NTB4.95

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
      Rob Springer wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I seem to be having some issues with scripts that ran
      > fine under 4.95, but the timing of the script commands
      > is having problems on 5.5.
      >
      > The scripts tend to combine both ^!keyboard commands
      > and straight line text entry. The keyboards commands
      > were basically for moving around in the document.
      >
      > What's happening is stuff is ending up out of position,
      > or not entered at all.
      >
      > A keyboard delay seems to work around the issue.
      > Anybody else run into this on 5.5?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rob

      Rob,

      Many users experienced this problem. There were many emails pertaining
      to it.

      I assumed the newer input control was more efficient, thus faster, than
      the old control thereby requiring an added delay between keystrokes.

      I have several clips that depend heavily on ^!KeyBoard commands and
      luckily I had fewer problems than most, but almost invariably adding a
      ^!KeyBoardDelay 1 or ^!KeyBoardDelay 2 command at the beginning of the
      clip solved any problems I had.

      I, also, haven't noticed any degradation in speed of execution of those
      clips.

      ºvº SL-01-36 -created- 2008.01.05 - 10.05.31

      Great Truths Adults Have Learned:
      "Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy."
      ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
        Hi Harvey,

        Eric declined to change input controls. The program code was updated.
        The input control for Light and Standard is different than the one for
        Pro (richedit vs turbopower), but it is my understanding that each of
        them is using essentially the same input control in previous vs
        current versions.

      • Rob Springer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
          Thanks Sheri,

          I had been moving to these other commands you reference for any new
          scripts, it's just reworking the old ones I was working to avoid.

          How does the direct text entry on a line compare to the ^!Keyboard
          command? I'm referring to when you just direct enter text to be put in
          a document when the script runs. Is this the fastest way to put text
          in? It's definitely the easiest!

          Rob

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
            --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Springer" <springro@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Sheri,
            >
            > I had been moving to these other commands you reference for any
            > new scripts, it's just reworking the old ones I was working to
            > avoid. How does the direct text entry on a line compare to the
            > ^!Keyboard command? I'm referring to when you just direct enter
            > text to be put in a document when the script runs. Is this the
            > fastest way to put text in? It's definitely the easiest!
            >
            > Rob

            Hi Rob,

            I generally use ^!InsertText and ^!InsertHTML, but as long as its
            plain text entering it without a command works fine too. Any of the
            above should be faster and more reliable than using ^!Keyboard for
            that purpose.

            I think you would find my clipcode syntax clips helpful for clip
            writing. Its available here:

            If you need to join the clips group first, go here:

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
              Amen to this! This is the second best thing that happened to me on a
              computer with the first being the discovery of notetab.