Re: [NTS] PCRE option persistence? (was Re: Dot matching newlines?? )

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
      On Nov 9, 2007 8:44 AM, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
      > --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Springer" <springro@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Maybe I'm going crazy...
      > >
      > > Is there some sort of persistence to the setting of these modes?
      > > Specifically with using the std search/replace box. I'm
      > > occasionaly getting some weird behavior that could be due to
      > > being in the wrong mode, but I can't pin it down.
      >
      > No. However I do think that NoteTab defaults to multiline and (at
      > least for ^$GetDocMatchAll$) to case insensitive.

      > > It does seem that you can use the "unset" techniques on these
      > > options to be sure it is in the correct mode.
      >
      > True.

      Does it matter whether or not the word wrap is turned or switched off
      when using a regex in the search dialog (obviously on the current
      document(s) ).

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
        --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C" <acummingsus@...> wrote:

        > Does it matter whether or not the word wrap is turned or switched off
        > when using a regex in the search dialog (obviously on the current
        > document(s) ).

        Hi Alan, I don't think word wrap mode has any effect on search results
        via the dialogs or clip commands (regex or not regex). However, it
        does matter for other clip commands like ^!Jump.