PCRE option persistence? (was Re: Dot matching newlines?? )

  • Rob Springer
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
      Maybe I'm going crazy...

      Is there some sort of persistence to the setting of these modes?
      Specifically with using the std search/replace box.
      I'm occasionaly getting some weird behavior that could be due to being
      in the wrong mode, but I can't pin it down.

      It does seem that you can use the "unset" techniques on these options
      to be sure it is in the correct mode.

      Thanks,
      Rob

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
        --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Springer" <springro@...> wrote:

        > Maybe I'm going crazy...
        >
        > Is there some sort of persistence to the setting of these modes?
        > Specifically with using the std search/replace box. I'm
        > occasionaly getting some weird behavior that could be due to
        > being in the wrong mode, but I can't pin it down.

        No. However I do think that NoteTab defaults to multiline and (at
        least for ^$GetDocMatchAll$) to case insensitive.

        > It does seem that you can use the "unset" techniques on these
        > options to be sure it is in the correct mode.

        True.

      • Alan C
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
          On Nov 9, 2007 8:44 AM, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
          > --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Rob Springer" <springro@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Maybe I'm going crazy...
          > >
          > > Is there some sort of persistence to the setting of these modes?
          > > Specifically with using the std search/replace box. I'm
          > > occasionaly getting some weird behavior that could be due to
          > > being in the wrong mode, but I can't pin it down.
          >
          > No. However I do think that NoteTab defaults to multiline and (at
          > least for ^$GetDocMatchAll$) to case insensitive.

          > > It does seem that you can use the "unset" techniques on these
          > > options to be sure it is in the correct mode.
          >
          > True.

          Does it matter whether or not the word wrap is turned or switched off
          when using a regex in the search dialog (obviously on the current
          document(s) ).

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 9, 2007
            --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C" <acummingsus@...> wrote:

            > Does it matter whether or not the word wrap is turned or switched off
            > when using a regex in the search dialog (obviously on the current
            > document(s) ).

            Hi Alan, I don't think word wrap mode has any effect on search results
            via the dialogs or clip commands (regex or not regex). However, it
            does matter for other clip commands like ^!Jump.