Re: [NTS] I need a script - can anyone perform?

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
      rodaries wrote:
      >is there a script or a way that notetab can give me a list of every
      >file I have open in notetab

      Several. The easiest way is to save all open documents as favorites. With a
      clip, of course.

      H="OpenDocs"
      ^!Set %fav_name%=OpenDocs_^$GetDate(yy.mm.dd-hh.nn.ss)$
      ^!SaveFavorites ^%fav_name%
      ^!Open ^$GetFavoritePath$^%fav_name%.fvr

      You have a time stamp in the file name, should you want to save several sets.

      >If you have an interest in this script, please let me know your fee
      >thanks :)

      Nah. We don't do that here. ;-)

      Lotta
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
        --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "rodaries" <notetabpro@...> wrote:

        > I had originally sent this to Jody Adair, but learned of his recent
        > passing :((

        We miss him.

        > is there a script or a way that notetab can give me a list of every
        > file I have open in notetab

        That can be done easily using clipcode (NoteTab's native script
        language). Are you familiar with how to implement clips? Join the
        Clips List at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips if you need
        help with that. The following code will do what you ask:

        H="List Open Docs"
        ^!Setscreenupdate off
        ^!Set %i%=0
        ^!Set %mydocs%=""
        :Loop
        ^!Inc %i%
        ^!If ^%i%>^$GetDocCount$ Out
        ^!Setdocindex ^%i%
        ^!Set %mydocs%=^%mydocs%^$GetDocName$^%NL%
        ^!Goto Loop
        :Out
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        ^!InsertText ^%mydocs%
        ^!ClearVariable %mydocs%
        ^!ClearVariable %i%
        ;end of clip

        All loaded docs can also be shown in the Quick List (toggled with F6).

        An alternative (unscripted) approach to making a text list would be to
        copy the doc list from the Quick List panel to the clipboard, then
        paste to a new document; however this requires a 3rd party program.
        CopyText (freeware) from http://www10.pair.com/vsap/FreeSoft.html
        works for me. You basically put the mouse over the Quick List panel,
        activate CopyText with a hotkey, then select Copy All to get the list
        on the clipboard.

      • rodaries
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2007
          > > I had originally sent this to Jody Adair, but learned of his
          recent
          > > passing :((
          >
          > We miss him.

          Sheri,