I need a script - can anyone perform?

  • rodaries
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
      I had originally sent this to Jody Adair, but learned of his recent
      passing :((

      is there a script or a way that notetab can give me a list of every
      file I have open in notetab

      ie if i have 50 files open can i get a single list showing me
      \\Server\General\Domain Name Management\Enom\Daily Domain Check 8-16-
      07.txt
      \\Server\General\Domain Name Management\Enom\Daily Domain Check 8-15-
      07.txt
      \\Server\General\Domain Name Management\Enom\Daily Domain Check 8-14-
      07.txt
      C:\Temp\icq.txt
      \\Server\Rod\!transfer\Rod Laptop to Rod Mobile\laptop to mobile.txt
      C:\Temp\delete.txt

      etc

      and generate it to one file with a list of all the above?

      If you have an interest in this script, please let me know your fee
      thanks :)
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
        rodaries wrote:
        >is there a script or a way that notetab can give me a list of every
        >file I have open in notetab

        Several. The easiest way is to save all open documents as favorites. With a
        clip, of course.

        H="OpenDocs"
        ^!Set %fav_name%=OpenDocs_^$GetDate(yy.mm.dd-hh.nn.ss)$
        ^!SaveFavorites ^%fav_name%
        ^!Open ^$GetFavoritePath$^%fav_name%.fvr

        You have a time stamp in the file name, should you want to save several sets.

        >If you have an interest in this script, please let me know your fee
        >thanks :)

        Nah. We don't do that here. ;-)

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2007
          --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "rodaries" <notetabpro@...> wrote:

          > I had originally sent this to Jody Adair, but learned of his recent
          > passing :((

          We miss him.

          > is there a script or a way that notetab can give me a list of every
          > file I have open in notetab

          That can be done easily using clipcode (NoteTab's native script
          language). Are you familiar with how to implement clips? Join the
          Clips List at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips if you need
          help with that. The following code will do what you ask:

          H="List Open Docs"
          ^!Setscreenupdate off
          ^!Set %i%=0
          ^!Set %mydocs%=""
          :Loop
          ^!Inc %i%
          ^!If ^%i%>^$GetDocCount$ Out
          ^!Setdocindex ^%i%
          ^!Set %mydocs%=^%mydocs%^$GetDocName$^%NL%
          ^!Goto Loop
          :Out
          ^!Toolbar New Document
          ^!InsertText ^%mydocs%
          ^!ClearVariable %mydocs%
          ^!ClearVariable %i%
          ;end of clip

          All loaded docs can also be shown in the Quick List (toggled with F6).

          An alternative (unscripted) approach to making a text list would be to
          copy the doc list from the Quick List panel to the clipboard, then
          paste to a new document; however this requires a 3rd party program.
          CopyText (freeware) from http://www10.pair.com/vsap/FreeSoft.html
          works for me. You basically put the mouse over the Quick List panel,
          activate CopyText with a hotkey, then select Copy All to get the list
          on the clipboard.

        • rodaries
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 18, 2007
            > > I had originally sent this to Jody Adair, but learned of his
            recent
            > > passing :((
            >
            > We miss him.

            Sheri,