Re: Can NoteTab interact with a VB program?

  • rpdooling
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
      Dear Rick,

      I am no vba expert. It's hard enough calling one Office program from
      another. If I were doing what it sounds like you want to do. I would
      turn on NoteTab's Pasteboard feature, select and copy whatever text
      you wanted in Application A, then work on the html in NoteTab and then
      paste it back.

      From the NoteTab's Help File:

      Any document in the editor (as long as it is not Read-Only) can be
      configured to capture text that is cut or copied to the Clipboard from
      any Windows application. First select the document you want to use as
      a "paste board", then activate the "Use as Paste Board" option in the
      Document menu. As long as this option is active, the document will
      capture and append all text sent to the Clipboard. The computer will
      beep or play a sound each time the paste-board document captures some
      text.

      The paste-board feature, for example, makes it easy to create a list
      of links or store important information as you surf the Web.

      Note that only one document at a time can act as a paste board. When
      you activate this option on another document, the previous paste-board
      document stops capturing Clipboard text.

      That's all I know,

      Rick

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
        --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, Challenger1601@a... wrote:
        > Am looking for a way to send html into an editor from within a
        program, and
        > return any edits made back to the program for additional use. Is
        there an
        > activeX or dll that can call notetab from within a visual basic
        program?

        I'm not aware of any.

        Or is
        > there another way I could accomplish this same task using NoteTab?

        I saw the pasteboard idea from Rick.

        Also of note is that Notetab may be controlled *very* well from the
        command line. If the VB proggy can launch a commandline (command)
        then you *can* do it.

        Try search the Yahoo web archives here and *especially* also such
        archives at the other list, ntb-clips which is the clips emailing
        list. There have been *many* excellent posts in the clips archives
        that are relevant here. search for: commandline also try command line

        Also try relevant. for example:

        dos

        command console
        --

        also it's in the Notetab help somewhere. it's about how to for a
        command line (command) that will launch Notetab with a certain file to

        then all remains to do is to draw in the changed file into your program.

        Can WSH (windows scripting host) do anything for you? If so then you
        might also post to the clips list (ntb-clips) where there's a
        participant, Grant, who programs WSH with Notetab clips. I do not
        know if Grant is subscribed to this ntb-scripts list or not.