Can NoteTab interact with a VB program?

  • Challenger1601@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2005
      Am looking for a way to send html into an editor from within a program, and
      return any edits made back to the program for additional use. Is there an
      activeX or dll that can call notetab from within a visual basic program? Or is
      there another way I could accomplish this same task using NoteTab?

      Thanks for any ideas on this,
      Rick

    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
        Dear Rick,

        I am no vba expert. It's hard enough calling one Office program from
        another. If I were doing what it sounds like you want to do. I would
        turn on NoteTab's Pasteboard feature, select and copy whatever text
        you wanted in Application A, then work on the html in NoteTab and then
        paste it back.

        From the NoteTab's Help File:

        Any document in the editor (as long as it is not Read-Only) can be
        configured to capture text that is cut or copied to the Clipboard from
        any Windows application. First select the document you want to use as
        a "paste board", then activate the "Use as Paste Board" option in the
        Document menu. As long as this option is active, the document will
        capture and append all text sent to the Clipboard. The computer will
        beep or play a sound each time the paste-board document captures some
        text.

        The paste-board feature, for example, makes it easy to create a list
        of links or store important information as you surf the Web.

        Note that only one document at a time can act as a paste board. When
        you activate this option on another document, the previous paste-board
        document stops capturing Clipboard text.

        That's all I know,

        Rick

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
          --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, Challenger1601@a... wrote:
          > Am looking for a way to send html into an editor from within a
          program, and
          > return any edits made back to the program for additional use. Is
          there an
          > activeX or dll that can call notetab from within a visual basic
          program?

          I'm not aware of any.

          Or is
          > there another way I could accomplish this same task using NoteTab?

          I saw the pasteboard idea from Rick.

          Also of note is that Notetab may be controlled *very* well from the
          command line. If the VB proggy can launch a commandline (command)
          then you *can* do it.

          Try search the Yahoo web archives here and *especially* also such
          archives at the other list, ntb-clips which is the clips emailing
          list. There have been *many* excellent posts in the clips archives
          that are relevant here. search for: commandline also try command line

          Also try relevant. for example:

          dos

          command console
          --

          also it's in the Notetab help somewhere. it's about how to for a
          command line (command) that will launch Notetab with a certain file to

          then all remains to do is to draw in the changed file into your program.

          Can WSH (windows scripting host) do anything for you? If so then you
          might also post to the clips list (ntb-clips) where there's a
          participant, Grant, who programs WSH with Notetab clips. I do not
          know if Grant is subscribed to this ntb-scripts list or not.