Re: little square box  after script runs

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
      --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "acummingsus" <acummingsus@g...>
      wrote:
      [ snip ]
      > (perhaps this might better) It can be done with clip code at very end
      > of clip as in:
      >
      > H="clip"
      > ^!RunPerl perl_para_moddr
      > clip_code_here_2_rid_char_26
      >
      > H="_perl_para_moddr"
      > perl_code_here
      > end_of_perl_code

      OR (using Perl to rid char 26)

      H="clip"
      ^!RunPerl perl_para_moddr
      ^!clip_code_here_to_*select*_only the last several lines of doc
      ^!RunPerl _pl_badchar26

      H="_perl_para_moddr"
      perl_code_here
      end_of_perl_code

      H="_pl_badchar26"
      #!perl
      $badchar = chr(26);
      while (<>) {
      s/$badchar//;
      }

      (in the substitution) I don't think you need either the parenthesis or
      the extra $ which in this/her/Sheri case the extra $ signify
      end_of_string.

      This latter that I presented is suppose to work in theory due to look
      in help about ^!RunPerl works either a selection of text or the whole
      doc if there's no selected area!!!!

      And (since the last two lines of doc are selected) it
      (H="_pl_badchar26") would only run/work/process only on the last line
      or two of the doc (so, *VERY* quick).

      Alan.
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2005
        Alan,

        I'm following and learning as I go, and have indeed put the Perl code
        in a couple of scripts. However, I have concluded that since it's a
        NoteTab problem, not a Perl one, I am going to simply add NoteTab code
        to the end of any clip that runs Perl. The ANSI 26 code probably
        doesn't show in this post, but it's there and NoteTab finds it, even
        if you just cut and paste it in.

        ^!Jump TEXT_END
        ^!Replace "" >> "" b

        Thanks!