Re: text processing with a Perl script

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2005
      Ling:

      Looks like you replied to me personally, rather than via the clips-list.
      I'm sending this reply back via the scripts list but copying you in case you are not yet on it.

      I'm really not trying to give you the runaround wrt. clips-list vs. scripts-list vs. personal reply, but any of the clips list people who are interested/know anything about Perl are already on the scripts list while the majority could care less about Perl and this is already way deeper than their or my understanding :-(

      Should I merge his with yours to make it work?
      No ... I think what he provided does everything I was trying to get across. Mine was just an example of something that *could* run. In my clip library I'd kept the H="_use with directPerl above" to remind myself of required syntax needed in an external perl .pl script file - its usually months between attempts to use perl and I've got a lousy memory.

      Regards ... Alec
      --