Re: [NTS] Re: [Clip] Basic tips on using Perl progs?

  • Ian Rastall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
      Hi Alan. Thanks for the help. I'll have to pore over it for a while.
      :-)

      Ian
      --
      Was it not a comedy, a strange and stupid
      matter, this repetition, this running around
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
        Hi Alan, Ian

        Alan:
        I tried it with both the straight substitution after putting bax the box car which got eaten by yahoo-groups.

        pl_ctrl_char:
        AFAICT: it eats the box char left before the closing <p> but then deposits its own *after* the closing <p>

        Sherri's pl_ctrl_char:
        This works!!

        I'll have to start doing more with Perl scripts again. I think I like using a direct invocation of a script file rather than a two or three level script clip - makes testing easier.

        Ian: Using HTML-Tidy to get rid of the box char is ingenious :-) It doesn't even seem to generate an error-file, just gets rid of the box char.
        -- I'm glad you asked your question.

        Regards ... Alec
        --