Re: [NTS] Re: [Clip] Basic tips on using Perl progs?

  • Ian Rastall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
      On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 00:43:12 -0400, Alec wrote:

      >let me know if you solve the block char problem.

      Hi Alec. One solution I've found is to run HTML Tidy, although that
      only works in HTML.

      I have a lot of reading tonight, after the clips you've posted.
      Thanks!

      Ian
      --
      Was it not a comedy, a strange and stupid
      matter, this repetition, this running around

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2005
          Hi Alan, Ian

          Alan:
          I tried it with both the straight substitution after putting bax the box car which got eaten by yahoo-groups.

          pl_ctrl_char:
          AFAICT: it eats the box char left before the closing <p> but then deposits its own *after* the closing <p>

          Sherri's pl_ctrl_char:
          This works!!

          I'll have to start doing more with Perl scripts again. I think I like using a direct invocation of a script file rather than a two or three level script clip - makes testing easier.

          Ian: Using HTML-Tidy to get rid of the box char is ingenious :-) It doesn't even seem to generate an error-file, just gets rid of the box char.
          -- I'm glad you asked your question.

          Regards ... Alec
          --