Re: [Clip] Basic tips on using Perl progs?

  • Ian Rastall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2005
      Hi all. I'm not sure if you saw the cross-posted email from before,
      but I'm practising my perl skills with clips, and would like a few
      pointers just to get started. (Of course, further confusion will
      probably follow.) :-)

      This is a simple clip I had in my clip library:

      ^!InsertHtml <p>^$GetSelection$</p>

      To try to duplicate it in perl, I've written, as a .pl file:

      $_ = <STDIN>;
      $_ = "<p>".$_."</p>";

      and call it with the following clip:

      ^!RunPerl C:\Perl\test.pl

      Now, I'm sure the perl script represents a fundamental
      misunderstanding both of how perl works, and how NoteTab sends
      information to the interpreter. But if anyone could steer me in the
      right direction, I would sure appreciate it!

      TIA

      Ian
      --
      Was it not a comedy, a strange and stupid
      matter, this repetition, this running around