Re: Where does the standard error file go?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2003
      --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, Piotr Bie├▒kowski <syntax@n...>
      wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I use Perl scripts in NoteTab Pro 4.95, with Perl 5.8.0., under
      Win XP Home Ed.

      > When I was using Perl scipts in ealier versions of NoteTab Pro,
      and with an earlier version of Perl, under Windows 95, if my script
      was wrong, there a file was written with the error message to the
      folder where notepro.exe is located. Now there's something wrong
      with my script, but I can't find the file with the error message on
      the whole disk.

      > Any pointers will be appreciated. :)
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Piotr

      I had forgotten this, maybe it was affecting you. There has to be at
      least one character in the active NoteTab document buffer when you
      trigger the clip that runs Perl, e.g. with !RunPerl whatever.pl

      Lacking that, the script fails and gives no error file.

      Sheri
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2003
        I often test clip syntax using Wayne's Note Awk Library clip for perl
        syntax. I now write all of my scripts in taint mode, but the -T kills
        the error reporting via that clip.