clip and script that lists installed Perl modules

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2003
      Hi,

      Either of these two requires Perl.

      I recently ran accross two different ways in which to list out all currently installed Perl modules. Both of these work fine on my Win 2k with NTP 4.95 with Activestate Perl 5.6.1 build 633. (I've not tested them on anything else)

      1st one is a Perl script to run

      #!perl -w
      use ExtUtils::Installed;
      my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
      foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
      my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???";
      print "$module -- $version\n";
      }
      #end of perl script

      --

      2nd one is a notetab clip

      H="modulistr"
      ^!Set %cmd%="perl -MExtUtils::Installed -le "print for ExtUtils::Installed->new->modules;""
      ^!Menu file/new
      ^!InsertText ^$GetDosOutput("^%cmd%")$
      ; ----<end of clip-----

      --
      The first one also supplies the module version information whereas the 2nd one lists modules without the version info

      Neato command line I thought there in # 2 above. That's how easy to pass a command line and capture the outputted results thereof using NoteTab clip