Re: [NTS] RegExp Script Needed to Change a Clip...

    Message 1 of 14 , May 28, 2003
      Hi Jody,

      Is this what you're after?

      It interactively finds and replaces email addresses with their decimal equivalents.

    • Jody
      Message 2 of 14 , May 28, 2003

        No, I have that at least what I think yours was suppose to do. All I
        got was the Done prompt. I want a Clip to reverse the

        Find and Replace "..." >> "..."

        Like this one for the first:

        ^!Replace "." >> "." HTSAI

        (Reverse what they do now - I want to go back using the same
        method) in these:

        ^!Replace "." >> "." HTSAI
        ^!Replace "-" >> "-" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "@" >> "@" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "_" >> "_" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "a" >> "a" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "b" >> "b" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "c" >> "c" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "d" >> "d" HTSAI
        ^!Replace "e" >> "e" HTSAI

        >Is this what you're after?

        >It interactively finds and replaces email addresses with their decimal equivalents.

        Happy Script'n!
        Jody Adair

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:ntb-Scripts-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.notetab.net

        Message 3 of 14 , May 28, 2003
          On Wed, 28 May 2003 01:35:46 -0500, Jody wrote:
          >Hi RegExpEerts,

          gettin better at it :-)

          >Can somebody please write a script to do a list of ^!Replace
          >commands swapping the Find with the Replace with side?

          ^!Replace "{".*"} >> {".*"}" >> "\2 >> \1" ISRA

          NoteTab does it!! (I was concerned of the greed issue). But that works for me!

          U want one in Perl? Would been just as easy or easier for me write it in Perl instead of clip

          --
          Later. Alan.
        • Jody
          Message 4 of 14 , May 28, 2003
            Hi Alan C.,

            >>Can somebody please write a script to do a list of ^!Replace
            >>commands swapping the Find with the Replace with side?
            >
            >^!Replace "{".*"} >> {".*"}" >> "\2 >> \1" ISRA

            Well, duh on me. I was trying to make it too hard.

            >NoteTab does it!! (I was concerned of the greed issue). But that works for me!
            >
            >U want one in Perl? Would been just as easy or easier for me write it in Perl

            >instead of clip

            I don't Perl, but thanks anyway. :)

            Message 5 of 14 , May 28, 2003
              At 08:23 AM 5/28/03 -0500, you wrote:
              >Hi Sheri,
              >
              >No, I have that at least what I think yours was suppose to do. All I
              >got was the Done prompt.

              Hi Jody,

              ?

              I think you must have run it in the wrong context, works fine for me as to what is supposed to do.

              Its meant to be run on an html or other source document and replaces all ascii email addresses found with their coded decimal equivalents, e.g.,

              jody @ fookes . com (without the spaces) becomes

              jody@fookes.com

              Cursor should be at the top of the document or at a chosen starting point before running.

            • Jody
              Message 6 of 14 , May 28, 2003

                >Hi Jody,
                >
                >?

                Yes. :) I understand now. Thanks!

                >I think you must have run it in the wrong context, works fine for
                >me as to what is supposed to do.
                >
                >Its meant to be run on an html or other source document and
                >replaces all ascii email addresses found with their coded decimal
                >equivalents, e.g.,
              • Larry Hamilton
                Message 7 of 14 , May 28, 2003
                  Sheri, Jody, Alan,

                  THANKS! I needed this too. Too much spam, this will help slow it down.

                  Larry

                  #111;m

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 28, 2003
                    Hi Larry (Jody, Alan),

                    Glad you could use it! Here's another I'd done that goes back from Decimal format to Character.

                    H="Convert Decimal Email addys back to Char"
                    ;05/28/2003 by Sheri Pierce
                    ;Position cursor at top of document or alternate starting point
                    :Repeat
                    ^!Jump Select_End
                    ^!Find "(\&*\#\d+\;)+" RIS
                    ^!IfError Clearvars
                    ^!SetListDelimiter=;
                    ^!SetArray %Trans%=^$GetSelection$
                    ^!Set %i%=0
                    ^!Clearvariable %decode%
                    :Loop
                    ^!If ^%i%>^%Trans0% Out
                    ^!Inc %i%
                    ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Trans^%i%%)$ Loop
                    ^!Set %nextchar%="^$DecToChar(^$StrDeleteLeft(^%Trans^%i%%;2)$)$"
                    ^!Append %decode%="^%nextchar%"
                    ^!Clearvariable %nextchar%
                    ^!Goto Loop
                    :Out
                    ^!IfMatch "[A-Z_.-0-9]+@[A-Z_.-0-9]+" "^%decode%" Next ELSE Repeat
                    ^!InsertText ^%decode%
                    ^!Goto Repeat
                    :Clearvars
                    ^!ClearVariable %Trans%
                    ^!ClearVariable %decode%
                    ^!ClearVariable %i%
                    ^!Prompt All Done
                    ;end of clip
                  • Larry Hamilton
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 28, 2003
                      Sheri,

                      Email must have broken the clip. I get a message "Error detected near end of
                      pattern."

                      Larry

                      Sheri wrote:
                      > Hi Larry (Jody, Alan),
                      >
                      > Glad you could use it! Here's another I'd done that goes back from
                      > Decimal format to Character.

                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 28, 2003
                        Jody wrote:

                        >Hi RegExpEerts,
                        >
                        >This is when I go from dec to web:
                        >
                        >^!Replace "." >> "." HTSAI
                        >jody@fookes.us
                        >
                        >I know it is not really needed to have it convert back, but I'd like
                        to. <g>

                        >This is a sample of the list. In short, everything in an eMail address
                        >to prevent SPAM bots from harvesting eMail addresses.
                        >
                        >^!Replace "." >> "." HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "-" >> "-" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "@" >> "@" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "_" >> "_" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "a" >> "a" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "b" >> "b" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "y" >> "d" HTSAI
                        >^!Replace "z" >> "e" HTSAI
                        >
                        >Thanks! I'll post all the Clips when done. I have a javascript
                        >one but I'm told they aren't as good. I've had the Clips I made
                        >from ions ago, but never used them. <bg>

                        Hi Folks,

                        I hate to disillusion all the people interested in this process. It is
                        a great exercise in regexp, converting characters to hex and hex back to
                        characters.

                        I converted my own address a while back, until I read, can't remember
                        the exact source, possibly a ZDNet newsletter, at least a year ago that
                        converting email addresses to hex, as is being discussed here, is a
                        waste of time.

                        The author of the piece stated that, spam bots, or, email gathering
                        software is fully capable of decoding these converted addresses. If
                        you're looking for protection from spam you would be better served by
                        Anti-Spam and Firewall software or even, self constructed email filters
                        in your email client..

                        hrs
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 29, 2003
                          At 11:56 PM 5/28/03 -0400, you wrote:
                          >Sheri,
                          >
                          >Email must have broken the clip. I get a message "Error detected near end of
                          >pattern."
                          >
                          >Larry
                          >
                          >Sheri wrote:
                          >> Hi Larry (Jody, Alan),
                          >>
                          >> Glad you could use it! Here's another I'd done that goes back from
                          >> Decimal format to Character.
                          >>
                          >> Regards,
                          >> Sheri

                          Hi Larry,

                          When I saw your note I tried copy/paste of my clip from Eudora and from Yahoo and both work for me so I don't know what could be wrong. I tried it under 4.92 and 4.95 Pro. I haven't tried it in Std or Light. If you think its your data breaking the clip, please send me a sample.

                          Thanks,
                          Sheri
                        • Jody
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 29, 2003
                            Hi hrs and others...

                            >>^!Replace "." >> "." HTSAI

                            I made the Clips I had a number of years ago and had a thought
                            that the bots would be smart enough to convert a decimal eMail
                            address, so I never used it. A list member and I got in a
                            discussion about the javascript types and decimal.

                            The member, whom I blind copied (Bcc:), wrote:

                            "I have separate email addresses on my websites and I do lots of
                            munging on my various sites to keep spam bots out, along with
                            htaccess prohibiting 40 or 50 of the spambot programs. And I
                            don't get any spam on those addresses

                            But since I post on lists, alot at Yahoogroups, eventually they
                            pick it up and spam it. There's spammers hiding on most lists
                            and harvesting addresses so I use specific addresses (like this
                            one) for posting at Yahoogroups and it's really a forward,
                            if/when it gets spam, I'll change it slightly and change all my
                            list subscriptions at Yahoo too.

                            The javascript munging is good, but one thing to remember is that
                            people who have javascript turned off or are using text only
                            browsers can't access the mailto link at all. I use ascii
                            encoding to munge my email addresses and the "mailto" part of the
                            link as well, that keeps out the bots and I have a long list in
                            my htaccess file of spambots that are denied access entirely to
                            my sites."

                            To be honest with you I have had straight eMail addresses at
                            sites for a number of years and never got any SPAM to think of
                            and definitely not put on the huge sold mailing lists. I never
                            had on the average maybe 50 hits a day at tops. Bots may have
                            some order about them, but for some reason I pictures them
                            visiting sites at either random or sequentially.

                            Message 13 of 14 , May 29, 2003
                              Sheri,

                              I just went to the YahooGroups web site for this group and copied from there
                              and it works.

                              Larry