Re: [NTS] Re: Registry Browser (Notetab+Perl)

    Message 1 of 17 , May 14 1:06 AM
      On Tue, 13 May 2003 09:16:09 -0400, Sheri wrote:

      Hi Sheri and Hugo,

      http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/search?query=win32%3A%3Atieregistry&type=Archive_perl-win32-admin_list&x=17&y=3

      That some admin uses of Win32::TieRegistry
      look like that and programming the primary uses of the module

      >I hope your isp probs are improving...
      it a little better now.

      >Did you get a chance to try the other one, the custom
      >function? I was curious if it works on winvers >�98se.

      Just did. Win 2k. Works fine on the first recurse it lists subs as well as the data or value of a key. But after choosing a key then it reports the value of key is:

      and its blank, nothing listed for value. i look regedit there's two values in the key that i picked with your clip

      I just spent near two hours trying to get something out of win32::tieregistry and i didn't even get it to work at all. i was just a .pl script file with stuff hard coded then in command console: perl tiereg.pl

      nada, nothing. (it's due to my experience level not sufficient for the task)

      i found out that tie in Perl is where like an auto array building ie if reading a folder of files then the tie "pushes" each file onto the front of the array (until all files are read into the array).

      I'm sure the module capability, utilizes that and can read portion of a reg branch and print out keys, sub keys, and values.

      I opened win32::tieregistry in NoteTab. It defines shortcuts for the main reg branches ie Lmachine can use instead of the longer hkey_local_machine

      Anything such as that and others created therein is available in the main current package namespace or whatever it's called (use whatever_module;) as I'm sure you know brings that stuff into the current namespace.

      there is an older win32::registry module deprecated recommend use win3::tieregistry both are on my activestate perl 61 build 633

      Message 2 of 17 , May 14 1:32 AM
        Woop woop

        I'm all excited! I just got Win32::TieRegistry to work!

        I found more about it

        http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/Win32/TieRegistry.html

        clicked on "specifying constants in your perl code" (code sample below came from there)

        the single / works and everything!

        But I still don't know how to READ :-(

        The next creates a few new keys (i then examined them with regedit and then used regedit to delete them) was harmless on my win 2k.

        Be forwarned: to create the wrong type key in the wrong place in the registry can spell disaster!

        #!perl -w
        use strict;
        my $Registry;
        use Win32::TieRegistry 0.24 (
        TiedRef => \$Registry, Delimiter => "/", ArrayValues => 1,
        SplitMultis => 1, AllowLoad => 1,
        qw( REG_SZ REG_EXPAND_SZ REG_DWORD REG_BINARY REG_MULTI_SZ
        KEY_READ KEY_WRITE KEY_ALL_ACCESS ),
        );
        $Registry->{"LMachine/Software/FooCorp/"}= {
        "FooWriter/" => {
        "/Fonts" => [ ["Times","Courier","Lucinda"], REG_MULTI_SZ ],
        "/WindowSize" => [ pack("LL",24,80), REG_BINARY ],
        "/TaskBarIcon" => [ "0x0001", REG_DWORD ],
        },
        } or die "Can't create Software/FooCorp/: $^E\n";

        --
        Later. Alan.
        Message 3 of 17 , May 14 5:35 AM
          Hi Alan,

          At 01:06 AM 5/14/03 -0700, you wrote:

          >>Did you get a chance to try the other one, the custom
          >>function? I was curious if it works on winvers > 98se.
          >
          >Just did. Win 2k. Works fine on the first recurse it lists subs as well as the data or value of a key.

          Hmmn. That one isn't supposed to be listing subs. You supply the sub, it lists the key names in a clip wizard. Were you running my "Test GetRegSubKeys" ?

          >But after choosing a key then it reports the value of key is:
          >
          >and its blank, nothing listed for value. i look regedit there's two values in the key that i picked with your clip

          Two values in a key? Maybe is a type the Notetab ^$GetRegValue$ function doesn't read.

          >I just spent near two hours trying to get something out of win32::tieregistry and i didn't even get it to work at all. i was just a .pl script file with stuff hard coded then in command console: perl tiereg.pl
          >
          >nada, nothing. (it's due to my experience level not sufficient for the task)

          That bites doesn't it <g>

          >i found out that tie in Perl is where like an auto array building ie if reading a folder of files then the tie "pushes" each file onto the front of the array (until all files are read into the array).
          >
          >I'm sure the module capability, utilizes that and can read portion of a reg branch and print out keys, sub keys, and values.
          >
          >I opened win32::tieregistry in NoteTab. It defines shortcuts for the main reg branches ie Lmachine can use instead of the longer hkey_local_machine

          Yes, but not a good idea for clip integration that doesn't recognize the shortcuts. Speaking of shortcuts, I read yesterday that HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, whose keys Notetab's ^$GetRegValue$ won't read, is a shortcut for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Config. On my computer I found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Config\0001\etc seems to have the same branches and keys as HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\etc.

          Notetab's ^$GetRegValue$ function works fine when using the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Config\0001\etc key info.

          Message 4 of 17 , May 14 5:36 AM
            Hi Alan,

            At 01:32 AM 5/14/03 -0700, you wrote:
            >Woop woop
            >
            >I'm all excited! I just got Win32::TieRegistry to work!

            Congratulations!

            >I found more about it
            >
            >http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/Win32/TieRegistry.html
            >
            >clicked on "specifying constants in your perl code" (code sample below came from there)
            >
            >the single / works and everything!
            >
            >But I still don't know how to READ :-(

            If by that you mean read a value using Perl instead on Notetab's ^$GetRegValue$, I was able to do it in my script (that doesn't use $Registry) using

            ($valueString,$valuetype) = $key->GetValue("$valname");

            Unfortunately, the clip won't resume after perl if I use print $valueString and its the wrong type of data, e.g., $valuetype 3 seems to be Binary.

            >The next creates a few new keys (i then examined them with regedit and then used regedit to delete them) was harmless on my win 2k.
            >
            >Be forwarned: to create the wrong type key in the wrong place in the registry can spell disaster!

            LOL! I should run it after such a warning? <G>

            Well, maybe later.

            Sheri :)
            Message 5 of 17 , May 14 7:33 AM
              Hi Alan,

              OK, I tried your script and it worked fine.

              Then used my clip/script (now enhanced to use GetValue() when Notetab ^$GetRegValue$ returns an empty string) to try to read the 3 new keys. The only one that didn't crash the clip (by trying to print unacceptable data to a Notetab doc I suppose) was TaskBarIcon. I was reading the data type as numeric. I read in the perldoc that if you install module "SetDualVar" it will return the constant name of the data type. So I installed SetDualVar, and that works (but numeric test also seems to still work). I know for sure that REG_BINARY (type 3) and REG_MULTI_SZ (type 7) ones can't print to Notetab so those are excluded (report data type only).

              H="Browse Registry via Perl"
              ;Created by Sheri Pierce 5/10/03
              ;5/14/03 version
              ^!Info This clip captures the currently selected subkey branch and value key name on the clipboard.
              :Start
              ^!Set %Branch%=""
              ^!Set %curdoc%="^$GetDocName$"
              ^!SetWizardLabel
              ^!Set %Root%=HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT|HKEY_CURRENT_USER|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|HKEY_USERS|HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
              ^!Set %Branch%="^?{(T=L;H=5)Enter Registry Branch=^%Root%}"
              ^!IfCancel Out
              ^!SetClipboard ^%Branch%
              :PerlSubs
              ^!Setscreenupdate off
              ^!Menu File/New
              ^!InsertText ^%Branch%
              ^!RunPerl "PerlRegScript"
              ^!IfFileExist ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err PerlError
              ^!SetListDelimiter XSEPX^P
              ^!SetArray %SubsandVals%="^$StrTrim("^$GetText$")$"
              ^!Clip "BrowseRegSubClip"
              ^!DestroyDoc
              ^!SetDocIndex=^$GetDocIndex("^%curdoc%")$
              :ShowSubs
              ^!Set %count%=0
              ^!Set %choices%=""
              ^!If ^$StrPos("\";"^%Branch%";No)$>0 Next Else Skip_2
              ^!Set %choices%="Up a level|"
              ^!Goto Loop
              ^!Set %choices%="Up to Root|"
              :Loop
              ^!Inc %count%
              ^!If ^%count%>^%Subkeys0% Doit
              ^!Append %choices% ^%Subkeys^%count%%|
              ^!Goto Loop
              :Doit
              ^!SetWizardLabel ^%Branch%
              ^!Set %oldchosen%=^%chosen%
              ^!Set %chosen%=^?{(T=L;H=15)Select a key=^%choices%}
              ^!IfCancel Out
              ^!If ^%chosen%="Up a level" Up_Level
              ^!If ^%chosen%="Up to Root" Start
              ^!IfMatch "Show the \d+ Value Keys" "^%chosen%" ShowVals
              ^!Set %Branch%="^%Branch%\^%chosen%"
              ^!SetClipboard ^%Branch%
              ^!Goto PerlSubs
              :Up_Level
              ^!Set %size%=^$StrSize("^%Branch%")$
              ^!Set %LastSlash%=^$StrPosRight("\";"^%Branch%";No)$
              ^!If ^%LastSlash%=0 Root
              ^!Set %Branch%=^$StrDeleteRight("^%Branch%";^$Calc(^%size%-^%LastSlash%+1)$)$
              ^!Goto PerlSubs
              :Root
              ^!Set %Branch%=""
              ^!Goto Start
              :ShowVals
              ^!Set %count%=0
              ^!Set %keychoices%=""
              :LoopVals
              ^!Inc %count%
              ^!If ^%count%>^%Valkeys0% Dovals
              ^!Append %keychoices% ^%Valkeys^%count%%|
              ^!Goto LoopVals
              :Dovals
              ^!Set %key%=^?{Select key==^%keychoices%}
              ^!IfCancel Out
              ^!IfMatch "Return to Subkey Branch Display" "^%key%" ShowSubs
              ^!SetClipboard ^%Branch%:^%key%
              ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetRegValue("^%Branch%:^%key%")$)$ Next Else NTInfo
              ^!Setdebug on
              :PerlInfo
              ^!Menu File/New
              ^!InsertText ^%Branch%::^%key%
              ^!RunPerl "PerlRegValScript"
              ^!Set %ValViaPerl%=^$StrTrim(^$GetText$)$
              ^!IfFileExist ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err PerlError
              ^!DestroyDoc
              ^!SetDocIndex=^$GetDocIndex("^%curdoc%")$
              ^!Info Notetab's ^$GetRegValue$ command doesn't read this key!^PRegistry Value via Perl^P^P=^P^P^%ValViaPerl%
              ^!Goto Dovals
              :NTInfo
              ^!Info Registry Value via Notetab GetRegValue (seems to work only when the value contains string or decimal value)^P^P =^P^P ^$GetRegValue("^%Branch%:^%key%")$
              ^!Goto Dovals
              :Out
              ^!Info Reminder: the last used branch and valuekey (if any) is on the clipboard.
              ^!ClearVariable %PassBranch%
              ^!Goto End
              :PerlError
              ^!Info Sorry, there was a Perl Error.
              ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err

              H="_BrowseRegSubClip"
              ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
              ^!SetArray %Subkeys%=^%SubsandVals1%
              ^!SetArray %Valkeys%=^%SubsandVals2%

              H="_PerlRegScript"
              #;5/14/03 version
              use strict;
              use Win32::TieRegistry;
              #my $Branch=$ARGV[0];
              my $Branch = <STDIN>;
              chomp $Branch;
              #double up slashes for use in tieregistry
              $Branch =~ s/\\/\\\\/g;
              my ($key, $valcount, @names, @namesunsort, @subbranches, @subbranches_unsort, $subkeycount);
              my $keyq = qq(new Win32::TieRegistry "$Branch");
              $key = eval($keyq);
              #convert to familiar slashes for printing branch name
              $Branch =~ s/\\\\/\\/g;
              @namesunsort = $key->ValueNames;
              @names = sort(@namesunsort);
              $valcount = @names;
              if ($valcount>0) {print "Show the $valcount Value Keys\n";}
              @subbranches_unsort = $key->SubKeyNames;
              @subbranches = sort(@subbranches_unsort);
              $subkeycount = @subbranches;
              #$subkeycount = $key->CntSubKeys;
              #Problem! $subkeycount isn't working
              if ($subkeycount = 0) {print "No Subkey Branches Found\n";}
              else {
              foreach $_(@subbranches){
              print;
              print "\n";
              if ($valcount>0) {
              print "XSEPX\n";
              print "Return to Subkey Branch Display\n";
              foreach $_(@names){
              print;
              print "\n";

              H="_PerlRegValScript"
              #;5/14/03 version
              use strict;
              use Win32::TieRegistry;
              my ($key, $valueString, $valname, $valuetype, $Branch,);
              #my $Branch=$ARGV[0];
              #my $Branch = <STDIN>;
              #chomp $Branch;
              #double up slashes for use in tieregistry
              while (<STDIN>) {
              chomp; # avoid \n on last field
              ($Branch, $valname) = split(/::/);
              }
              $Branch =~ s/\\/\\\\/g;
              my $keyq = qq(new Win32::TieRegistry "$Branch");
              $key = eval($keyq);
              ($valueString,$valuetype) = $key->GetValue("$valname");
              if ($valuetype == 3) {print "unprintable data, type $valuetype";}
              elsif ($valuetype == 7) {print "unprintable data, type $valuetype";}
              else {print "Data type\: ", $valuetype, "\n\nValue\: ", $valueString;}
              #end of script
              Message 6 of 17 , May 14 9:38 AM
                Hi again,

                At 01:32 AM 5/14/03 -0700, you wrote:
                >But I still don't know how to READ :-(

                The following works (just change the regular clips to ^!RunPerl these alt versions instead of the other ones). It has all the same stuff in the use statement as yours, except I quickly discovered problems with using "/" (some subbranches have that in their name) as a delimiter and reverted to "\\". All I had to do was replace all my

                "$key->" stuff

                with

                "$Registry->{"$Branch"}"

                Doesn't even need the eval anymore; ditto for _AltPerlRegValScript further down.

                Sheri

                H="_AltPerlRegScript"
                #;5/14/03 alternate version
                @namesunsort = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->ValueNames;
                @subbranches_unsort = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->SubKeyNames;
                @subbranches = sort(@subbranches_unsort);
                $subkeycount = @subbranches;
                #Problem! $subkeycount isn't working
                if ($subkeycount = 0) {print "No Subkey Branches Found\n";}
                else {
                foreach $_(@subbranches){
                print;
                print "\n";
                if ($valcount>0) {
                print "XSEPX\n";
                print "Return to Subkey Branch Display\n";
                foreach $_(@names){
                print;
                print "\n";

                H="_AltPerlRegValScript"
                #;5/14/03 alternate version
                use strict;
                my $Registry;
                use Win32::TieRegistry 0.24 (
                TiedRef => \$Registry, Delimiter => "\\\\", ArrayValues => 1,
                SplitMultis => 1, AllowLoad => 1,
                qw( REG_SZ REG_EXPAND_SZ REG_DWORD REG_BINARY REG_MULTI_SZ
                KEY_READ KEY_WRITE KEY_ALL_ACCESS ),
                );
                my ($key, $valueString, $valname, $valuetype, $Branch,);
                #double up slashes for use in tieregistry
                while (<STDIN>) {
                chomp; # avoid \n on last field
                ($Branch, $valname) = split(/::/);
                }
                $Branch =~ s/\\/\\\\/g;
                #my $keyq = qq(new Win32::TieRegistry "$Branch");
                #$key = eval($keyq);
                ($valueString,$valuetype) = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->GetValue("$valname");
                Message 7 of 17 , May 15 12:22 PM
                  On Wed, 14 May 2003 08:35:41 -0400, Sheri wrote:
                  >Hi Alan,
                  >
                  >At 01:06 AM 5/14/03 -0700, you wrote:
                  >
                  >>>Did you get a chance to try the other one, the custom
                  >>>function? I was curious if it works on winvers >�98se.
                  >>
                  >>Just did. �Win 2k. �Works fine on the first recurse it lists subs
                  >>as well as the data or value of a key.
                  >
                  >Hmmn. That one isn't supposed to be listing subs. You supply the
                  >sub, it lists the key names in a clip wizard.

                  Then what's a sub? I thought it be keys and *sub* keys as in

                  Key:
                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps

                  sub key underneath the above key:
                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app1

                  >Were you running my
                  >"Test GetRegSubKeys" ?

                  Yes.

                  >>But after choosing a key then it reports the value of key is:
                  >>
                  >>and its blank, nothing listed for value. �i look regedit there's
                  >>two values in the key that i picked with your clip
                  >
                  >Two values in a key? Maybe is a type the Notetab ^$GetRegValue$
                  >function doesn't read.

                  (if I have my terminology correct) Seems to me that Perl script the other day that created a few new keys did create that one of the keys created had three separate values in it (yes, some were binary probably unreadable by NoteTab). But,

                  It was a text value that I was speaking of that your clip displayed on first recurse only.

                  As I said, it was read on the first of several what I call recurses. For example, here what I did:

                  Actually it was a key the first time then run the clip. I Hard coded the next into the clip:

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps

                  run clip. clip dialog comes up with that in the dialog and selected. Then just ok the dialog. Next comes up yet another dialog that shows the initially entered item (can choose it), also shows (it's here the value and its content is shown) the value (registerednotregistered) AND sub keys so as to choose a sub key

                  Next, choose from items shown in wizard, choose and ok the same item as initially entered. it's the next dialog is when the listing is blank of any value.

                  So, this is what I meant by the statement: any value in the hard coded key is listed/shown on first recurse. Choose same key again and the listing/value_shown comes up blank.

                  (I substituted my name I don't really have an app authored by me) but just to show the structure of the reg keys I ran your clip on:

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app1

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app1
                  the value: registeredyesno textdataofyesorno

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app1\tips
                  the values: several values for tips 2 be displayed

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app2

                  hkey_current_user\software\myalancapps\app2\tips

                  Message 8 of 17 , May 15 9:13 PM
                    Thanks Alan,

                    From what you've said, I think that the regedit export file must be a little different in Win 2k than my 98.

                    You should only see the names of Values in that second wizard, and not see or get to select again the branch or any subbranches. (I thought "Value Names" were called "Keys" when I wrote that clip).

                    I found a glitch in my Perl registry browser too. Turns out "default" Values are unnamed. A ^$StrTrim$ I was using in the clip was removing blank value names.

                    I've made some more changes in my Perl regbrowser and I'm not sure why, but multi's and binary values retrieved no longer crash the clip. Now multis display as "Array(...)" and binaries just show up blank.

                    Weird.

                    Message 9 of 17 , May 16 3:21 AM
                      Hi again Alan,

                      Solved the problem of showing multi values such as the fonts entry for FooWriter. Have to refer to the valueString as an array if the data type is REG_MULTI_SZ, i.e., @$valueString.

                      This version does that and depicts default value names as .Default in clip wizards (but retrieves the actual values using "").

                      Sheri

                      H="Browse Registry via Perl"
                      ;Created by Sheri Pierce 5/10/03
                      ;5/16/03 version
                      ^!Info This clip captures the currently selected subkey branch and value key name on the clipboard.
                      :Start
                      ^!Set %Branch%=""
                      ^!Set %curdoc%="^$GetDocName$"
                      ^!SetWizardLabel
                      ^!Set %Root%=HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT|HKEY_CURRENT_USER|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|HKEY_USERS|HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
                      ^!Set %Branch%="^?{(T=L;H=5)Enter Registry Branch=^%Root%}"
                      ^!IfCancel Out
                      ^!SetClipboard ^%Branch%
                      :PerlSubs
                      ^!Setscreenupdate off
                      ^!Menu File/New
                      ^!InsertText ^%Branch%
                      ;^!RunPerl "PerlRegScript"
                      ^!RunPerl "AltPerlRegScript"
[...]
                      ^!IfMatch "No Subkey Branches Found" "^%chosen%" Skip_-5
                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%chosen%)$ Skip_-6
[...]
                      ^!IfMatch "\.Default" "^%key%" Next Else Skip_1
                      ^!Set %key%=""
                      ^!SetClipboard ^%Branch%:^%key%
                      :PerlInfo
                      ^!Menu File/New
                      ^!InsertText ^%Branch%::^%key%
                      ;^!RunPerl "PerlRegValScript"
                      ^!RunPerl "AltPerlRegValScript"
                      ^!Set %ValViaPerl%=^$StrTrim(^$GetText$)$
                      ^!IfFileExist ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err PerlError
                      ^!DestroyDoc
                      ^!SetDocIndex=^$GetDocIndex("^%curdoc%")$
                      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetRegValue("^%Branch%:^%key%")$)$ Next Else Skip_2
                      ^!Info Notetab's ^^%caret%$GetRegValue$ function doesn't read this key!^PRegistry Value via Perl^P=^P^%ValViaPerl%
                      ^!Goto Skip_1
                      ^!Info Registry Value via Notetab GetRegValue (seems to work only when the value contains string or decimal value)^P =^P ^$GetRegValue("^%Branch%:^%key%")$^P===^PRegistry Value via Perl^P=^P^%ValViaPerl%
                      ^!Goto Dovals
                      :Out
                      ^!Info Reminder: the last used branch and valuekey (if any) is on the clipboard.
                      ^!ClearVariable %PassBranch%
                      ^!Goto End
                      :PerlError
                      ^!Info Sorry, there was a Perl Error.
                      ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$StdError.err

                      H="_BrowseRegSubClip"
                      ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
                      ^!SetArray %Subkeys%=^%SubsandVals1%
                      ^!SetArray %Valkeys%=^%SubsandVals2%

                      H="_AltPerlRegScript"
                      #;5/16/03 alternate version
                      my ($cntSubKeys,$valcount, @names, @namesunsort, @subbranches, @subbranches_unsort, $subkeycount);
                      @namesunsort = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->ValueNames;
                      @names = sort(@namesunsort);
                      $valcount = @names;
                      if ($valcount>0) {print "Show the $valcount Value Keys\n";}
                      @subbranches_unsort = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->SubKeyNames;
                      @subbranches = sort(@subbranches_unsort);
                      $cntSubKeys = @subbranches;
                      #%keyInfo= $Registry->{"$Branch"}->Information;
                      #Alternate way to get counts
                      #( $cntSubKeys )= $Registry->{"$Branch"}->Information( "CntSubKeys" );
                      #print "cntSubKeys is $cntSubKeys\n";
                      #$savecnt = $cntSubKeys;
                      if ($cntSubKeys == 0) {print "No Subkey Branches Found\n";}
                      else {
                      foreach $_(@subbranches){
                      print;
                      print "\n";
                      if ($valcount>0) {
                      print "XSEPX\n";
                      print "_Return to Subkey Branch Display \($cntSubKeys\)\n";
                      foreach $_(@names){
                      if ($_ ne "") {print "$_\n";}
                      else {print "\.Default\n";}

                      H="_AltPerlRegValScript"
                      #;5/16/03 alternate version
                      use strict;
                      my $Registry;
                      use Win32::TieRegistry 0.24 (
                      TiedRef => \$Registry, Delimiter => "\\\\", ArrayValues => 1,
                      SplitMultis => 1, AllowLoad => 1,
                      qw( REG_SZ REG_EXPAND_SZ REG_DWORD REG_BINARY REG_MULTI_SZ
                      KEY_READ KEY_WRITE KEY_ALL_ACCESS ),
                      );
                      my ($valueString, $valname, $valuetype, $Branch,);
                      #my $Branch=$ARGV[0];
                      #my $Branch = <STDIN>;
                      #chomp $Branch;
                      #double up slashes for use in tieregistry
                      while (<STDIN>) {
                      chomp; # avoid \n on last field
                      ($Branch, $valname) = split(/::/);
                      }
                      $Branch =~ s/\\/\\\\/g;
                      ($valueString,$valuetype) = $Registry->{"$Branch"}->GetValue("$valname");
                      if (($valuetype =~ /MULTI/) or ($valuetype == 7)) {print "Data type\: ", $valuetype, "\nValue\: ", @$valueString;}
                      else {print "Data type\: ", $valuetype, "\nValue\: ", $valueString;}
                      #end of script